Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Query on Mark Henry shoots, Punk interview really makes waves, and Questions on Gail Kim, Rusev, underrated NXT names, and the anonymous Raw GM

First up, a query:
1. I don't know of any shoot Mark Henry has done on The Rock.

C.M. Punk gave a major interview about the end of his WWE run. Here are some highlights. Where to start?

- I wonder how long Punk intended to disappear for after the Rumble. Not that I blame him, but I suppose he technically did breach his contract by walking out. Honestly, it never should have gotten to that point. There are a lot of red flags here that weren't properly addressed.

- I'm glad Punk told Vince and HHH what a lot of us were feeling. Using Punk to set up HHH vs. Nash in 2011 was all kinds of BS. I liked the idea of elevating Miz and R-Truth as a new nWo, but the focus ended up being on HHH, Nash, Rock, and Cena instead of emerging stars. It was really, really stupid.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
 - Insane story about the staph infection. Something REALLY needs to be addressed if that kind of thing's going on.
- WWE relying on Punk despite big surgeries should tell you how desperate they were to make money off the new big star. The poor booking of people who could (and can still) be top names has really shot them in the foot.

- It's BS that WWE keeps going to Rock, HHH, Taker, etc. when there are really hungry superstars who can knock it out of the park when given a chance. I have respect for those names and they're definitely draws, but they're getting by on name value to a good degree lately. Taker should probably have hung it up against HHH in HIAC if we're talking about match quality. Punk got all he could out of Taker at 29, and Brock had a big moment at 30, but the man's a shell of what he used to be.

- The WWE Network situation really should have been addressed to talent. I'm reminded of Bully Ray's recent Sun Tzu tweet about generals communicating with troops.

- I really hope Punk's lawsuit brings about big changes in WWE.

- Ryback's considered a pretty rough guy, or at least he was then. He was quite green for a main eventer.

Update: Punk also mentioned coming up with the idea for The Shield. His idea had Kassius Ohno in place of Roman Reigns, but Reigns was the guy WWE wanted to push. I think Reigns adds a different dynamic, but Ohno is one heck of a talent who should have gotten a chance to succeed had he stayed in shape. It's a shame WWE's still in the mindset of "let's push big guys, no matter how green they are" when there are a lot of talented guys who don't fit that mold.

Update: Here's more. I loved the honesty here. I'm a fan of HHH and Taker, but the Attitude Era has been over for so damn long now. HHH absolutely needed the relevance of wrestling Punk more than Punk did wrestling HHH.

Update: Even more "pipe bombs". WWE brass is really hypocritical, petty, and out of touch at times.

- No fan bought Punk his house. He worked his ass off for it. The fan helped if he bought a ticket or shirt, etc., but ultimately he just made a contribution.

Update: Ryback responded on Twitter before deleting the Tweets. I like the Big Guy, but I doubt Punk's making all this up.

For my take on Thursday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I hope she's back, given how important she's been in the advertising. I'm curious about Team 3D myself. It's pretty telling how much value they actually have if WWE, NJPW, etc. won't take them and they have to go work TNA again.

2. Yeah, Raw was a pretty stacked show. That got moved to Smackdown.

3. I haven't seen anyone rate him much at all, so I guess he's underrated by that stance. I like Scott Dawson, myself.

4. DQ's are at the ref's discretion. HHH might have thought it was worth it if Rusev got disqualified, anyway. As for Sting, I guess HHH was so shocked at Sting arriving after all these years that it disrupted his original plan.

5. That's a pretty weak reason to not pay for the Network again. The anonymous GM is probably just back for one night, and as such, probably won't have any major effect on the product going forward. I think the person asking this question was looking for any flimsy excuse to not having to pay.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment