Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Raw Reax - 11/10/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Good video to sell what happened last week. I think Orton will be pretty hot when he returns (though he'll still have his detractors, as always).

I hope Ryder's not really out for six months, although he probably wasn't going to be competing much anyway.

I really liked the opening segment outside of Cena's comedy and HHH more or less dismissing Swagger and Ziggler. I think Survivor Series could be a good place to shake things up. I'm surprised they're theoretically putting Henry in the match instead of having him go one-on-one with Big Show at the PPV, but that's probably a good thing. I don't know how good of a match they can really get from Show and Henry without gimmicks in 2014. I admire what both men have done for WWE, but there's only so much they can do at this point.

On a side note, the crowd is absolutely awful already tonight. Chanting "where's our Network" is one thing, but chanting for the announcers is really stupid and disrespectful to the talents in the ring. React to THEM.

Good match between Swagger and Rollins. I liked the use of Noble and Mercury to give Rollins the edge, as well as the story of Swagger working on the ankle.

Great post-match. It was simple, but well-done.

Awesome promo from Ambrose. I'm glad we get to see him be this character. Who would have thought the guy previously known for deathmatches would have made it to WWE?

Nice to see Ryback stand up to Kane. Ryback getting a win on Kane would be nice for elevating him.

Honestly, Alicia Fox is kind of underappreciated at times. I think her interrupting Paige's screaming was nice, as was the action overall. Good work from both of them.

Interesting segment with Rusev, Lana, and Stephanie. What if this is a setup for Rusev turning face on his way to challenging Brock at Mania? It would be something if they built it right. Probably a trainwreck of a match, but it'd be fun to watch.

Triple H splitting from Stephanie (again) would be interesting. I don't really care to see it, since it's not like they're splitting off-camera and they take up too much TV time as it is, but it would be something different.

I liked the segment with Rusev gloating. I think they should push him as far as they can. Just not all at once.

Sheamus/Rusev II was a thing of beauty. I think they both pulled out more than what was expected of two big men. I really hope there's a Round 3, as they work well together.

That's one hell of a team for Rollins to lead. I assume Ryback will end up on Team Cena, and HHH will end up replacing him. Or maybe Rusev drops from the team and we end up with Noble and Mercury filling it out? We'll see.

Bleh. That was fine for a comedy tag match. The less we see of Hornswoggle and El Torito, the better. I think we're in for a big tag team turmoil match or something at the PPV, which should be good.

I liked the Cena/Ziggler/HHH segment well enough. I'm curious to see who ends up in the final spots for the teams at Survivor Series.

That was OK for protecting Ziggler from a loss while keeping the heat going.

Decent enough post-match. I'd much rather see Henry and Show in the ten-man tag than having a long singles match.

I'm ready for Xavier, Kofi, and Big E as a trio. They each have talents and can probably complement each other pretty well. Next tag team champions?

Good stuff with Team Cena backstage. Nice and simple.

I like how we haven't had a ton of Brie/Nikki stuff. I expected it to dominate the shows. Hopefully their stuff tanked in the ratings and WWE learned a lesson. I doubt it, though.

Fine Divas match given how quick it was. I have no complaints.

Not a bad post-match. It kept the angle going.

Henry just #*$%ed up. I hope Ryback gets some heat on him.

Fine enough comedy match, but it felt like they were trying to cram too much into one segment. I'm not sure it was the best move, because there's a question of which story we need to be focusing on: Rose vs. The Bunny, or Erick Rowan?

I wonder how much WWE will get out of a wrestling bunny (assuming they have him face Rose). What can they really do with the idea? I hope they have something better in mind for Zayn's debut if that's actually him under there. I'm split on if it should be Darren Young. That doesn't make a ton of sense.

I liked the Bray promo, but don't I always? He does great work.

Nice segment to set up ECW Exposed. I'm looking forward to it.

Clever spot to go into commercial. They've built this angle nicely tonight.

I liked the Cena/Ryback match well enough. Ryback seems to have stepped up his in-ring game from his last push. That's good.

Wild final segment! I think there could be some awesome stuff for Survivor Series. I'm still surprised at the lack of HHH wrestling. We'll see if that changes.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment