Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 11/5/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
I liked the opening segment a good deal. TNA's definitely throwing everything they have into these episodes. I don't know if they had much of a choice in that regard.

Good segment with Joe and Low Ki. I think they make a great team.

Really nice tag team match. The Hardys have still got it, for sure. I kind of wish Joe and Low Ki won to push some new faces, but I can't complain about seeing The Hardys face The Wolves again given their previous recent work.

It will be interesting to see how Storm's work in breaking up the Wolves will play out.

Really good Roode promo. He's absolutely the right choice to be the top babyface.

Kind of a weird segment between Shaw, Brittany, and Gunner, but that was totally the point. I'm curious to see where it ends up.

How soon will we see this Shera fellow in action? I'm curious to know how good he is.

Angle vs. MVP could be a good feud for 2015 if/when Angle re-signs. It's perhaps wishful thinking to hope TNA at least has new episodes on YouTube or something if they don't get a U.S. deal. They still have PPV slots and international TV deals, so I wouldn't just assume they're disappearing.

One thing I definitely hope for in TNA in 2015: no more ECW nostalgia. 3D, Rhino, Dreamer, etc. can only do so many "comebacks" before the value wears off.

I liked the hardcore match as far as people just beating the holy hell out of each other and doing big bumps. I don't think it served much greater purpose, but it was a nice spectacle. Hopefully the final episode of this taping has Magnus and Bram destroy Devon and Dreamer to write them out of TNA.

Gail vs. Havok should be fun.

Really good segment to set up EY and Spud vs. EC3 and Tyrus. I look forward to that one.

Gail and Havok really tore it up. I think that was good for the continued push of the monster champion. Who's next for Havok to wreck?

Putting Shera against Storm's Revolution could work. Storm's definitely good enough at getting heat to make people get behind the new guy.

MVP vs. Lashley in January would be nice. There's potential for a nice feud there.

Roode vs. MVP was pretty good. They crammed a lot into a brief timeframe, but I enjoyed what they did. Both men worked hard.

Lashley vs. Roode vs. MVP is also a good possibility for TNA's next big event (if there is one). I liked the ending segment.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment