Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/22/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

It's kind of funny to see TNA put over the guy running another wrestling company. I maintain the Jarretts should have been the first Hall of Famers, and it's good Jeff's being acknowledged now. It just feels weird given the split between the two sides.

- Magnus vs. Bram:
I guess we had to have a final Magnus/Bram fight before Nick Aldis becomes a GFW guy.

LOLTNA. It made sense for Bram to beat the guy who's leaving, but I don't think the rollup win really helped him. Dirty endings should be used strategically.

I'm pretty much ready for them to wrap up Storm vs. Magnus. Hopefully the current set of tapings will move TNA to some new ground.

Eli Drake cuts a pretty good heel promo! Definitely better than the latter stuff from Bully Ray WHERE IT'S JUST A BUNCHA YELLIN.

Since these two don't really have history before TNA, this doesn't feel as big as it should.

Good segment overall.

Mehhhhh with the Knockouts. Gail randomly becoming Taker/Sting/Wyatt is bad. I couldn't care much less about the division now.

Wow do I really not care about Tigre Uno calling out Donald Trump. It'd be different if someone did something to set themselves up as the heel challenging Uno afterward. It's not like Trump's going to come in and take some botched flippy moves to put the champion over.

I liked the Revolution segment. Serena made next week's match compelling. It's sad it's the swan song, but I think it's a good end to things.

- EY vs. Spud:
EY's pretty good at being a sadistic heel, and Spud's a naturally sympathetic character.

I wonder who EY feuds with next, since it wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to challenge EC3 with them both being heels.

- Matt Hardy vs. Roode:
That was a pretty good match for the time it had! I enjoy both men.

Not a lot going on on this show with no BDC segments. Nice going.

More wrestling company.

No comments:

Post a Comment