Total Pageviews

Monday, July 27, 2015

Next two ROH World Title matches set, WWE live event notes, Sting update, and Questions on the Hogan situation, time off for wrestlers, and Curtis Axel

ROH has announced a rematch of Jay Lethal vs. Roderick Strong for the ROH Championship for heir Aug. 21 show. The winner of that match will face Kyle O'Reilly for the title at All-Star Extravaganza VII in September. I'll give the company credit for treating their championships as important enough to announce matches for months in advance. This is different from the WWE Champion defending the title every weekend. Each match is meaningful.

Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady beat The Ascension at a main roster live event this weekend. Their act is really entertaining. They definitely need to be the next team called up. I'd give it another few months, though, I think.

Also on that live event, Layla worked in a loss to Paige and Mark Henry lost to Bray Wyatt. It's worth noting the show was in Henry's home state of Texas. I wish Layla would work with the up-and-comers in NXT.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


Sting will be part of a WWE panel during Summerslam weekend, which should fan the flames of the rumors of him wrestling. He's paired with Shawn Michaels at the panel.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think the attitude is that enough time has passed for Tyson to be rehabilitated in the public eye. He's seen as having undergone a big change since doing time for those charges. If he got in that kind of situation now, I think they'd distance themselves like they did with Hogan.

2. Hogan's on a MUCH bigger platform than backstage WWE employees (which is why Michael Hayes is still in WWE). I was under the impression the employee in the Del Rio situation was later released from WWE, but I could be wrong.

3. Trump didn't use an overt racial slur like Hogan did. And, yes, he's just a celebrity member of the HoF. Hogan has been closely linked to the WWE for decades.

4. That's not a bad idea at all. I don't know if WWE's willing to make that change, though. They're hesitant to do anything that would cause them to not make as much revenue from live events.

5. I didn't know I wanted to see that until now. Axel and Sandow rotating legends' gimmicks could be pretty fun. I suspect they'll just go back to being who they were before Axelmania and Mandow were things.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment