Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2015

Interviews with Jarrett/Eva Marie/Bryan, BitE note, Bully Ray note, Angle on dream matches, Impact audience, ROH audience, and Questions on PPVs running long, WWE Films on the Network, unsold merchandise, and Punk in WWE 2K16

Jeff Jarrett talked about a new wrestling promotion he's apparently starting. It's like... JFW or something? I'm already tired of the Bullet Club and I've pretty much just been exposed to them. I guess the gimmick feels too manufactured to be the anti-authority hellraisers the nWo were.

WWE will release the Beast in the East special as well as the other matches taped that day as a DVD in the UK. I suspect we'll see more specials like that as time goes on.

Eva Marie gave a long interview. I'm glad she's getting training now. She seemed to have improved a bit with her NXT match, but she's still got a good way to go.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Daniel Bryan gave another interview. I hope he's back in a big role at WM32.

Update: Here's another Bryan interview:
- I do think WWE has changed. From Punk to Bryan to now Rollins as champion, different people are getting a chance. And look at how different NXT is from FCW or OVW.

- It's OK to be A guy if you can't be THE guy. Not everyone can be the top player.

- I also thought Battleground lacked Cesaro and Rusev, BUT the Divas match they added was good.

- I hope we do see something different but still enjoyable from Bryan when he returns. Kicks and submissions should be his speciality.

WWE was interested in using Bubba Ray Dudley for their NXT live events in May, but he pulled out due to an injury to his eardrum. That role ended up going to Tommy Dreamer. So, a Dudleys return to WWE in one way or another is not entirely out of the question someday. I think they could be good veterans to assist the NXT stars as long as they're in supporting roles like Rhyno and Joe.

Kurt Angle talked about wanting to wrestle Daniel Bryan and other WWE performers. I wouldn't rule out seeing Kurt in the ring at WM32, IF he can pass WWE's medical tests. He's been through the wringer, and they might not want to risk anything.

TNA's audience this week was 317,000 for the initial airing and 71,000 for the replay. I think having to cut out so much stuff because of the BDC situation probably hurt that number, though it was slightly up from the previous week.

ROH pulled in 139,000 for its initial airing and 126,000 for its replay. Honestly, their numbers aren't all that much lower than TNA's given TNA's longevity on the national scene. I think the idea of the product being so amazing and revolutionary it will sell itself has probably taken a hit, but it's not doing awful.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. The first thing I thought of when I saw this question was addressed in the second question. I'm a little surprised TNA hasn't screwed up like that given some of the problems they've had (rope break on the first Wednesday PPV, fire in the Impact Zone, etc.).

2. I don't remember if it was a PPV or Nitro where they "ran out of time" as a deliberate non-finish. I know some people were upset when DDP vs. Goldberg was aired the next night on Nitro considering some people basically got that match for free when others had to pay for it. This was before you could find illegal streams, so it was a bigger deal.

3. They'd rather hypothetically make money from them being on TV, I suppose.

4. I never really thought of that! I assumed it eventually got so cheap, it was all bought or given away at live events (through T-shirt guns, etc.). I wonder how much WWE merchandise the Levesque children will end up wearing to school.

5. I'd imagine UFC has all the rights for his likeness now. I don't see him doing something to benefit WWE at this point anyway.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment