Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Raw Reax - 7/6/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

I'm really hyped for Lesnar vs. Rollins. This story has been told pretty well.

I'm already sold to see Brock vs. The Authority tonight.

I'm not excited to see Ryback vs. Miz vs. Big Show...

- Ryback vs. Big Show:
This match isn't too terrible. Just slow.

Things got more exciting there at the end. They turned things up a notch.

I liked the post-match to continue the build to Battleground.

Russo would find a way to put the Cadillac on a pole at Battleground.

- Brie vs. Paige:
The Bellas are fine wrestlers. We just see so much of them!

Fina match overall to keep this angle going. I wonder how much longer they can go without Paige's help from NXT arriving.

If Paige does have friends in NXT, she's sure waiting to bring them to the main roster! How many beatdowns is this?

- Reigns vs. Sheamus:
I like a good slugfest.

Not a bad match overall. We're kind of killing time until Battleground.

Glad to see Orton back. Orton vs. Sheamus at Battleground works for me.

I like Triple H's pep talks to Rollins.

Rusev and Summer are getting some serious heat. This is great.

Good stuff to get Rusev back in the fold. I hope Lana's been training to take bumps.

Bo's pretty good at getting people to hate him. Sometimes that's needed more than someone who can work a 20-minute match where the crowd just reacts to highspots.

- Dallas vs. Ambrose:
Fine squash to keep Ambrose looking legitimate. Personally, I'd be fine with him beating Kane at Battleground before entering a big WWE Title match at Summerslam.

- Barrett vs. Truth:
DEAR GOD NOT AGAIN. Time to get a break from this match. They couldn't have done something with Kevin Owens here instead?

Fine match overall. I'm just ready for something else.

I wonder if the idea of the earlier angle was that Ziggler might be taking some time off from WWE before signing a new contract that allows him to do comedy. We'll see.

I love heel Seth Rollins. It's also weird to me people don't "get" the angle here. Rollins was going around saying he doesn't need The Authority and causing friction there. So HHH brought Lesnar back to make Rollins put his money where his mouth is.

Rollins is poking the bear here. Damn.

Brock is a one man wrecking machine. Fun stuff.

Brock SMASH. J&J Security can take a beating.

- Lucha Dragons vs. New Day:
Enjoyable match so far. I would have been fine with the Lucha Dragons as tag team champions. PTP obviously have more personality, though.

I'd be worried for my spot if I was Los Matadores. LD are impressive.

Fine ending to set up the tag team title match.

Ahh, yes. Cena and Cryme Tyme spraypainted "JBL is poopy" on his limo. People still go after Cena about that.

I wish Owens would have kicked someone's ass earlier in the night to get heat back after losing the title. Missed opportunity.

Could Cesaro finally be getting the push we were hoping for when he was a Heyman guy? That was something.

- Cena vs. Cesaro:
I'm glad we're finally seeing Cena wrestle up to his potential. It was never his fault he was booked as "five moves of doom" guy despite having the ability to be great.

This is a clinic! Cesaro's hanging with the franchise player of WWE.

Cesaro's also scary strong. I hope Vince is paying attention to his talent.

These two are KILLING it. I think the difference between this match and something from ROH is there's some space between big moves and not as many of them.

Nice submission wrestling. Telling a story in the ring is a great quality to be able to do.

BAH GAWD CESARO MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!!

That was absolutely insane. Great things from both men.

Nice ending to the show. I'm hyped for Battleground.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment