Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 7/2/15

Read on for my thoughts on Thursday night's Main Event and Smackdown.

Main Event:
I loved Bo turning around receiving the Rock Bottom. Being successful as the comedy doofus is better than being totally lost as a serious wrestler.

- Dallas vs. Ryder:
This match is good so far. It's nice to get a break from spotfests.

Nice match overall. I enjoyed seeing these two get some ring time.

- Fandango vs. Slater:
Fandango remains an underrated wrestler. I'd like to see him team with Cesaro for a while. That could be fun.

Good match overall. I enjoy both wrestlers.

- Harper vs. Swagger:
Good "feeling out" process between these two. Glad they're not just throwing out MOVEZ.

Good straight-up wrestling here. B-shows can be pretty fun for that kind of thing.

Nice ending. Both these guys are talented.

Smackdown:
Rollins is a really enjoyable heel. I assume his title run's coming to an end soon, but I hope he remains an important piece of the WWE puzzle. Maybe he can finally drop The Authority? Kane in particular could use something new for his character.

I'm looking forward to those main events. Stacking the odds against the babyfaces (who have been beaten down) sets them up well to get sympathy.

Fun stuff from Ambrose. I like how he didn't need to talk about kicking ass for ten minutes. He just showed up and brought the fight.

- Ambrose vs. Wyatt:
These two always have good chemistry. I always feel like I'm watching a Cactus Jack match when they compete.

Pretty good match overall. I hope we're looking at two future WWE Champions from this match.

The Rose/Mendes pairing has pretty much run its course. I'm not overly fond of it.

R-Truth's gimmick is also kind of running long. I see this as just giving Barrett something to do feud-wise before moving on to challenge for the IC Title. Ryback already has two challengers right now, so maybe they're saving Barrett for Summerslam.

- Rose vs. R-Truth:
Blehhh. This was kind of filler. I miss the Rosebuds. They could have at least have done something fun with Zack Ryder using them as his own entourage.

When was the last time Mark Henry had an actual angle? He kind of just shows up here and there as a gatekeeper for power wrestlers.

It's hard to seriously think Henry will put someone in the Hall of Pain in 2015. He's the one more likely to be put on the shelf for weeks or months.

- Henry vs. Ryback:
This is fine for a match of two big dudes slugging it out and trying to find out who's more dominant.

Not a bad match overall. I'd be surprised if Henry's still wrestling by next year's Summerslam.

I hope WWE's getting something from Apple for all the plugs of their watch.

- Brie vs. Naomi:
This match was OK. I'm ready for them to shake things up in the Divas division.

Fine Bray promo. I'm glad we're seeing him instead of Husky Harris...

- Ascension vs. PTP:
I missed the driver on the apron from Young. He used to do that pretty regularly on NXT: Redemption.

Enjoyable tag match!

I'm so glad we're seeing Summer in a regular role again. She can be pretty good.

Rusev makes a pretty good monster. I'm glad he's still doing good things.

Fun pre-match from The Authority.

- Rollins vs. Reigns:
I like how these two work together. There's a good contrast between them, so the match doesn't just turn into who's the most athletic flippy guy.

That match was good for keeping Rollins' story going.

Good ending to the show!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment