Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Impact Wrestling Reax - 7/8/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

The Era of EC3 should be a lot of fun. I've been waiting for this!

Who's been in charge all this time before Dixie made EC3 GM? They never really addressed that.

Nice job setting up EC3 vs. Matt as a title feud, although that hardly feels like a World Title match. Good setup for our first match, too.

- Dirty Heels vs. Matt Hardy:
I would have bought Hardy getting the win early since Aries is leaving and apparently Matt's a potential #1 Contender.

Weird stuff with the commentary booth. EC3 vs. Pope for the title would be something I'd like to see.

Fun match overall to move the story along. I can buy an EC3/Matt feud, I think.

I honestly never got all that behind The Rising. It was kind of a lame gimmick. Maybe if this was ROH the whole "wrestlers fighting for wrestling" thing would have fit right in.

- Galloway vs. The Revolution:
Hahahahaha! So much for The Revolution being a force. Without Storm around, they might as well split up anyway.

Anderson also makes sense as a future title match foe for Carter. Not a particularly exciting one, but it makes sense for the two of them to face off again.

- Anderson vs. Bram:
Not that great of a match. Anderson's vanilla, and Bram's pretty much just good for hardcore stuff, so that's not really a surprise.

BAH GAWD BRAM. THAT MAN'S GOT A FAMILY!!!! Pretty intense beatdown.

- Robbie E vs. Godderz:
Robbie's a better wrestler here than I've seen him in the past. Probably because he was pretty much just about his gimmick before now.

That was quite the ending. Impressive work by both men.

Glad Jessie got his revenge after losing at Slammiversary.

Is EC3 going to face three minis or something? Because I would pop for that.

Obviously Angle should get a rematch at some point.

I'm excited about the future of GFW with TNA in the fold. TNA talents getting to work there works well for them.

Funny promo from EC3. Nice continuity, too.

- EC3 vs. Fernum:
EC3's undefeated streak continues! What a champion!

Fun stuff between Carter and Shark Boy.

- EC3 vs. Shark Boy:
And they say the TNA Championship isn't prestigious. Carter's taking on all comers! Impressive victory from the champ.

Oooohhhh.... EC3 vs. Angle should be pretty good if there's time for it to develop.

- Tyrus vs. Lashley:
Sometimes it's fun to see two big monsters just go at it.

Impressive strength on display by both men. I liked this overall.

Pretty cool Jarrett promo. Not sure why they did two parts in one week, but I was fine with it.

- Velvet vs. Madison:
Fine promo from Madison. I'd actually be OK with her leaving to be replaced by someone we haven't seen so much. Maybe the former Rosita, since she'll be part of GFW?

Blehhhhh. Madison put up a fight, at least.

- EC3 vs. Angle:
This isn't fair! EC3 has already had two title matches tonight! Angle's such a bully...

That wasn't so good as a match overall. It does make sense to build to what should be a highly-anticipated rematch, so this was more or less thrown out.

I wonder what the production team thinks of Dixie having a limo...

I wasn't crazy about the ending to the show. Dixie coming back as a face wasn't really something I wanted to see. This is reminding me of a McMahons power struggle feud and that's the last thing I want to see in TNA. EC3 was fun, though.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment