Total Pageviews

Friday, July 10, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 7/9/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.
Main Event:
- Slater vs. Neville:
If you combined Slater's level of personality with Neville's level of athleticism, you'd have quite the talent. It's a shame you can't actually do that.

Not a bad match overall. It's a shame Neville probably will be seen as a one trick pony.

Really good Cesaro/Harper segment. That should be one hell of a match.

- Matadores vs. Dragons:
This has been a pretty good lucha match so far. I kind of look down on LM now that we have Kalisto and Sin Cara teaming, but they're doing good stuff here.

Impressive stuff by both teams. I particularly like LD.

- Harper vs. Cesaro:
I like the contrast between the more refined Cesaro and the wild man Harper.

It's great to see Harper add flavor to the WWE roster. A monster guy who's also agile? Great signing.

Awesome match. Both men are quite good.

Smackdown:
Good start to the show with Rollins.

Heyman's a lot of fun here, too. They played off each other quite well.

Bo's so good at being someone you want to punch in the face.

- Ambrose vs. Dallas:
I'm enjoying this one a good deal so far. I think Bo's getting more smooth in the ring.

Nice ending to keep momentum in Ambrose's corner.

Good segment with Rollins and Show to keep both of their feuds going.

- Rusev vs. Fandango:
Nice continuity with Fandango acknowledging Summer Rae.

Good match to show Rusev's dominance. He's a talented guy.

Rusev's pretty impressive.

- Reigns vs. Show:
I can't complain about that match being more or less kept short due to Wyatt.

So-so segment overall. It's tough to get excited about something pitting Reigns against Big Show.

- Titus vs. Big E:
New Day might be my pick for gimmick of the year. They're that fun to watch.

Not a bad match. Just over pretty quickly.

I'm sure someone somewhere thinks they're "burying" The Ascension by having them beaten up by Orton. I just saw it as re-establishing Orton's credibility before he faces off with Sheamus.

I was hoping that would lead to an Owens match tonight, but it looks like we'll be waiting on that one.

- Brie/Alicia vs. Naomi/Tamina:
Aren't all these people heels? I guess we're supposed to be rooting for Paige to bring some friends and take out all of them.

Not a bad match at all so far.

Fine match overall. I'm ready to find out what they're doing for the Divas at Battleground.

Pretty good promo from Ryback. He has some depth to his character at times.

- Rollins vs. Ryback:
It just dawned on me Ryback was briefly a Heyman guy. It's probably good they didn't bring that up given how it didn't work out like they wanted.

That was so-so. They both played their parts well, though. No complaints there.

Not a bad ending to the show. I wouldn't be shocked to see that turned into a tag match on Raw.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment