Total Pageviews

Friday, July 24, 2015

Main Event and Smackdown Reax - 7/23/15

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Main Event and Smackdown.
Main Event:
I wasn't as crazy about that Bo promo, but he's definitely a favorite of mine character-wise.

- Dallas vs. Truth:
Truth laughing so hard he can't lock up was pretty funny.

Hopefully one day Dallas can move beyond being a lower-card comedy guy. I remember a time when Christian was in a similar role. "CHRISTIAN, Champion of Europe" cracks me up to this day.

That was a fine match. I'd rather see Truth face Dallas than yet another match with Barrett.

Good little promo from the Lucha Dragons. I still think it's kind of funny the Impostor Sin Cara ended up replacing the original one for real after that mask vs. mask feud.

Fun stuff from New Day as always.

- New Day vs. Lucha Dragons:
This is a pretty fun matchup. I enjoy a variety more than having all four guys go 100 mph.

LD make for a pretty entertaining duo with their moves.

That was a really good match. I'm glad it got time to tell a story.

Smackdown:
All three of those matches sound worth checking out.

Not a bad Sheamus/Ambrose promo. It was good to not have a really long talking segment start the show.

- Ambrose vs. Sheamus:
I like how methodical Sheamus can be in the ring. Working on the leg is smart.

Ambrose has some pretty fiery comebacks.

It doesn't look like Ambrose will ever escape the Wyatt Family. Fine by me, though. They work together well.

Not a bad ending to keep the feud going. Wyatt/Harper/Sheamus vs. Ambrose/Reigns/Orton at Summerslam?

Neville vs. Stardust has been kind of fun. Neville makes a fine undercard babyface.

- Neville vs. Rose:
This is a pretty impressive international match.

Fine win by the impressive high-flyer.

Weird Stardust promo, but that's what he does.

Good promo from Sasha Banks. I hope she knocks it out of the park post-NXT.

I liked Barrett's promo. Hopefully he's getting back on track now.

I really liked Owens' promo. I think he'll be fine post-Cena. In some ways that feud cursed him because there's not much higher to go after three big PPV matches with the former WM headliner.

- Owens vs. Rusev:
The action was quite good while it lasted. Both men do great work.

Pretty good stuff between Cesaro and Owens. Cesaro's catching on as a pure babyface. I hope they don't harp on Owens' weight too much. He could still afford to drop some pounds, but he's made improvements.

- Sasha/Naomi vs. Bellas:
Not a bad start to things. It will be interesting to see how the division as a whole changes with the new additions being able to really "go."

I think that match was pretty good overall. The Bellas can be pretty solid.

- Rollins vs. Cesaro:
Both men can go pretty hard. I hope they don't turn this TOO much into an ROH match.

Cesaro's submissions here are pretty cool to see.

I like Cesaro not letting Rollins leave. I wish Rollins would use that to lure his opponents into something instead of it just being him doing something cowardly.

Pretty good ending to the match. I like both men's work.

Good ending to the show. I liked Owens, Cesaro, and Rollins being in the spotlight.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment