Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Raw Reax - 8/19/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Announcing change:
Oh wow. This is a throwback.

- Roman/Dolph:
Dolph is PERFECT as the whiny punk burying himself. They finally tapped into the essence of him.

Good. Dolph will job to Roman, too.

- Roman vs. Dolph:
Fine so far.

Pretty smooth work here.

YAY. Maybe Dolph will be lying down for NXT names in 2020.

- Becky promo:
It is telling the best way to get over is to NOT be on WWE TV.

I liked that, although Becky often comes across as a heel.

- King's Court:
Ahhhhh I love him putting over KOTR. One thing WWE TV has benefited from lately is the continuity of people in one segment acknowledging things in other segments.

I'm glad someone figured out what was coming.

Good segment, and clever way to save Sasha for later.

- Ricochet/Miz vs. Baron/Drew:
Clever to promote next week's KOTR matches.

Miz and Ricochet as a team is surreal. I like it, though.

Fun stuff.

The action here is quite good.

I like that finish.

- Cole/Booker:
I LOVE the use of HoFers to put over current angles.

Good stuff.

- Braun vs. AJ:
Fun while it lasted.

- Post-match:
This is good.

I like the Seth/Braun dynamic.

- Seth interview:
Cool stuff.

- Joe promo:
I like the hype for each match.

- Cesaro promo:
Man, remember the King of Swing thing? Feels like forever ago.

- Joe vs. Cesaro:
Wow. Flashback to 2006 ROH.

I like how these two work together.

That was nice!

- Elias/Truth:
Wow some sound guy's getting fired after this.

I like that KOTR and the 24/7 Title are an important focus for him.

Hahahahahaha. This title has been great.

Wow, Elias is more durable than past champions.

- Mysterios:
Dang. Poor Rey.

I liked that a lot!

- Xavier/E vs. Revival:
Good start.

Good shine from New Day.

NIIIIIIIIIICE RKO HOLY SHIT.

- Post-match:
I like this new pairing a lot.

- Sasha interview:
This is the Sasha we needed.

- Nikki/Alexa vs. Sonya/Mandy:
Good so far.

Everyone looks good here.

Fine work!

- Seth/Braun:
Good stuff to continue their angle. I like the importance of the Universal Title.

- Cedric promo:
I guess they're doing the "this person doesn't cut good promos so we're not having him talk" direction.

- Sami promo:
OK I loved the janitor references.

- Cedric vs. Sami:Good so far.

Not bad at all.

- Profits promo:
Good to have them hype things.

I mean if WWE had a tag team KOTR they'd have to actually wrestle on Raw!

- OC promo:
This could definitely be big for Karl and Luke.

- Natalya/Sasha:
I like that Heyman built Natalya back up so it meant something when Sasha attacked her.

DAMN. Sasha went in.

- Karl/Luke vs. Seth/Braun:
Fun so far. I like how different Seth and Braun are.

Good work here. I know it's kind of a surprise, but I'm enjoying the new OC.

This is pretty good. Karl and Luke are motivated now.

That was pretty good work! That ending makes things interesting. I'm curious where they go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment