Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Raw Reax - 8/5/19

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
- Moment of Silence:
I'm glad they're doing that.

- Joe promo:
I like this different start to things.

So if Joe didn't do it, what's he doing at Summerslam?

Hahahahah so much for that shutdown.

- Becky/Charlotte vs. Trish/Natalya:
WHAT? They're just casually having Trish return to the ring and Charlotte team with Becky? Very strange booking.

I like this smooth start.

Charlotte vs. Natalya has been a notable rivalry, too.

I'm glad Charlotte and Becky aren't friends here.

Ha. So Trish is in the match but not actually in the match. Clever.

NICE. We haven't seen that ending in a while.

- Post-match:
I liked that! Natalya has some fire.

- Rey vs. Andrade:
I like this a lot.

They're going hard here.

These two always deliver.

I liked that!

- 24/7 shenanigans:
Well this will be different.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA maybe now Maria will disappear.

This has been a lot of fun in a stupid way.

- Becky/Natalya:
Becky's back on track as a character.

Damn. Pretty good fire from Natalya.

- Brock/Heyman/Seth:
Heyman has his character and motivations down pat.

I'm loving this.

Yeah I feel like this is a setup for Seth to lose gracefully.

Good fire.

- Angle/Profits/Drew:
I guess the goal is for fans to be surprised to see a legend on Raw.

Glad they got to promote their title match.

Fun stuff.

I liked that!

- Raiders squash:
Fun work.

Glad these two are being consistently built.

- Remembering Harley:
Also great.

- Cedric vs. Drew:
Raw is doing a better job of consistently featuring characters.

And that's how you use legends.

- Big E/Xavier vs. Karl/Luke:
Well that didn't take long to disintegrate.

- Post-match:
Glad to see Ricochet help out.

- Big E/Xavier/Ricochet vs. OC:
Good work early.

I like Heel AJ.

Good teamwork here.

All good work.

- Joe backstage:
The show has definitely felt less formulaic lately, with segments fitting together better.

- Joe/Roman:
So um surely someone backstage wants this to get back on track.

Wow Roman way to be selfish!

See this is what Raw needed - more spectacle.

- Women's tag title match:
-- IIconics vs. Kabukis vs. Mandy/Sonya vs. Alexa/Nikki:
Ha. Billie and Peyton aren't taking chances losing their title.

I liked the tandem offense.

WHOA. That's how you start an elimination match. VINTAGE Heyman.

-- Kabukis vs. Mandy/Sonya vs. Alexa/Nikki:
I love Alexa not wanting to tangle with Asuka.

Asuka vs. Sonya was pretty great.

That was all pretty badass. Mandy's improved a lot.

-- Kabukis vs. Alexa/Nikki:
This is fun. Glad Asuka's getting to show what she can do.

Good work here.

This is quite good.

Solid work! I hope we see more from this division now.

- MizTV:
Ooh. I like the addition of HBK.

This guy tries SO hard. I hope MJF doesn't end up this lame (he's on his way).

Right? Maybe the reason Dolph isn't praised so much is because he's not as good as he thinks he is.

REALLY? Miz is turning down Summerslam??????

Ehhhhhhhh. This could be a mess. Either Dolph loses to a guy well out of his prime or he goes over a legend, getting another undeserved career boost.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment