Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Takeover:Toronto preview

Read on for my ideas for booking tonight's WWE Network special event.
- Profits vs. Fish/KOR:
I honestly feel sorry for Fish and O'Reilly being stuck in NXT. As good as they are, they should be mixing it up on Raw or Smackdown Live. Of course, that would mean those brands getting their shit together to feature them. 

Anyway, this match is about establishing Montez and Angelo as champions, since Fish and O'Reilly don't need the title in the slightest to be credible, and they can help the Profits get to the next level as competitors.

- Dream vs. Strong vs. Dunne:
I honestly feel sorry for Strong being stuck in NXT. As good as he is, he should be mixing it up on Raw or Smackdown Live. Of course, that would mean those brands getting their shit together to feature him. 

That can probably go for Dunne, too, as I don't know what he's really doing in NXT UK. Probably not much if he's back in the U.S. I like the idea of him becoming champion here so Dream can move on to bigger things. 

- Candice vs. Io:
I won't do the joke for Candice or Io, since I think Io could use a little more time to practice being a heel before they bring her up. NXT is kind of stuck here because there's only so much they can do with Io without her being in the title picture again. Candice gets her revenge and moves up. Io can beat some others up before this feud is revisited.

- Shayna vs. Mia:
I honestly feel sorry for Shayna being stuck in NXT. As good as she is, she should be mixing it up on Raw or Smackdown Live. Of course, that would mean those brands getting their shit together to feature her. 

Shayna shouldn't lose the title until they're ready to call her up, so she wins here. I'm thinking Candice takes the title from Shayna at WarGames so Shayna can move up (then Candice vs. Io Royal Rumble weekend leading to a feud-ender before WrestleMania).

- Cole vs. Gargano:
I honestly feel sorry for Cole and Gargano being stuck in NXT. As good as they are, they should be mixing it up on Raw or Smackdown Live. Of course, that would mean those brands getting their shit together to feature them. 

I think the place would explode if Fall Three is a 30-minute Iron Man match or something, and I'm sure these two can go the distance. Either way, we get three falls and Cole retains. Dream and Riddle are future challengers. I wouldn't mind an injury angle to Gargano to eventually give us Cole vs. Ciampa.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment