Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Summer Supercard Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's ROH, CMLL, and NJPW special event.
- PCO/Brody vs. TK/Vinny:
I really enjoy PCO.

Good work so far.

Vinny and TK are growing on me.

I'm LOVING PCO and Brody as a team.

This is nice!

Good start to the show.

- Post-match:
Damn. Rough night for The Kingdom.

- Silas/Black/Scurll:
There are jokes to be made about people wrestling drunk but I'll let others make them.

That was interesting...

Nice! I'm glad Marty's on the show, even if it's this early on the card.

- Scurll vs. Black:
I'm enjoying Black.

This is quite good.

I'm liking the back and forth.

Pretty solid.

- Klein vs. Steelz:
WOH is kind of stumbling along.

Kelly's work is fine here.

Eh. It existed.

- Post-match:
Still not really a fan of The Allure, but Angelina does do good work in the ring.

- Bandido/Haskins vs. Lethal/Gresham:
I'm enjoying this start!

Both sides are impressive so far.

I'm loving the teamwork, and Gresham's character progression.

I'm impressed with everyone in this one.

They're telling a good story here with Gresham's character.

ROH continues to deliver good matches. It's a shame they're being overlooked.

That was REALLY good.

- Tracy/Flip:
Yeah I'm questioning the move to doing more angles and changing the announced card. Fine to build the feud, though.

- Castle entrance:
I love it. He's really embracing this change.

- Rush vs. Castle:
I love Rush!!

Rush is killing him damn.

Yeah don't get into a no-DQ situation with Rush.

I LOVE this.

This is badass!

Rush is KILLING Castle here. He's a believable badass.

Great stuff!

- Tracy promo:
I admire his commitment.

- Taylor vs. Tracy:
I like the intensity here.

This is a good story of tenacious heel vs. never-say-die babyface.

This is pretty good.

Enjoyable work!

- CMLL trios match:
This is a good contrast from the previous two matches.

Really fun stuff in this one.

I'm impressed with the flying around here.

Cool stuff!

- Taven vs. Shelley:
I can't help but think Shelley is just here to put Taven over.

Interesting work early.

Odd moment with the shoe.

I liked the Sliced Bread counter.

This is solid so far.

Cool Sliced Bread over the barricade.

I'm liking this.

Good for what it was.

- Taven/Rush:
Now THAT'S how you heat up the title picture.

- Briscoes vs. GOD:
Ahhhh good to see this one's going to be crazy.

I'm liking the hardcore stuff here.

I like this.

This has some really good energy.

Yeah, everyone here looks badass.

This is great!

They're going all out in this one.

Really fun work all over!

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment