Total Pageviews

Monday, August 12, 2019

Summerslam Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE Network special event.
-- Kickoff:
- Miz on the panel:
Hahahaha I love the shots at how Dolph can't break the glass ciling.

Wow, Miz doing the old-timer talking points about earning your spot, etc.

- Charlotte promo:
Damn. Flair going in on Trish's legacy.

- Foley on the panel:
I liked the analysis.

- Owens interview:
I liked that, although he does look dumb with Shane not putting his own career on the line. Not that anyone would expect Shane to retire.

- Shane/Owens analysis:
Vince loves JBL bringing up WWF beating Billionaire Ted, I'm sure.

Haha yeah remember when Mick Foley retired 19 years ago but kept coming back and ended up being world champion again in Impact?

- OC/Finn:
I liked that. Of course it makes sense to tease them working together.

- Gulak vs. Oney:
Ahh I love showcasing technical skill like this.

Good back and forth here.

Pretty fun.

- 24/7 shenanigans:
God I love this.

Most heated title division in wrestling.

- Natalya interview:
I liked that!

- Crews vs. Murphy:
Interesting. I wonder when this match was added.

Good work here.

Hahaha I was wondering who would interfere first.

Good to see Rowan show a mean streak.

- Elias/Edge:
Oh great is this Summerslam Reunion?

Oh wow. Didn't expect Edge to get physical.

- Alexa/Cross vs. IIconics:
Pretty quick. Hopefully Kairi and Asuka get more time.

-- Summerslam:
- Pyro returns:Glad to see it!!

- Becky vs. Natalya:
I like Natalya's strength here.

I like this. It feels different due to the stipulation.

Interesting Sharpshooter spot.

I was really worried they were doing to do a "screwjob" with that Sharpshooter.

I love them using each other's submissions. It's personal.

Great work!

- Trish interview:
I liked that a good deal.

- Dolph promo:
Bleh.

- Goldberg vs. Dolph:
Honestly Dolph winning with a flash superkick would have been interesting.

Fun for what it was.

- Post-match:
Haha they're throwing Dolph under a bus I love it.

YESSSSSS best possible use of Dolph.

- New Day promo:
Ahhh classic New Day.

Pretty fun. I can see the argument it doesn't feel like Kofi is a "serious" WWE Champion, but it's what fans love from New Day.

- Announce teams:
Ahh the wackiness continues.

- AJ vs. Ricochet:
WOWWWWWW Ricochet's use of AJ's teammates.

Crazy athleticism from Ricochet as always.

I love this back and forth.

OH MY GOD THAT ENDING. Amazing.

- Post-match:
Ahhh good times to remind us that even though AJ's an awesome wrestler, he's still a dick.

- Bayley vs. Ember:
I like this so far.

This is pretty cool.

Good while it lasted. I hope more is coming.

- Owens vs. Shane:
Haha I figured Shane would have something up his sleeve.

Shane is great for a heel stunt guy.

Haha I like the shenanigans in this one.

Pretty fun. I have a feeling more is coming leading to Hell in a Cell.

- Charlotte vs. Trish:
Good to see Trish can still deliver.

This is pretty nice. Flair's a natural heel.

I like the physicality here.

Trish looks game.

This is impressive! Trish is bringing it to her!

Really good work. Wow.

- Post-match:
Really cool stuff. As much as I wish Charlotte would have added insult to injury, it was cool to see Trish get a moment.

- Seth/Bret:
Interesting.

- Kofi vs. Orton:
There's a good story to tell of serious heel veteran vs. the fun-loving younger star.

I like this so far.

These two work together well.

I liked that RKO counter.

Ha. I liked the mid-air RKO, too.

Oh I guess they're stretching this out to HIAC, too.

- Post-match:
I mostly liked that, but I don't like that it was held back for a rematch.

- Fiend entrance:
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS.

- Fiend vs. Finn:
This is definitely unique.

I loved that counter!!!

Fun work.

- Post-match:
Great way to reintroduce Bray.

- Brock vs. Seth:
Oh I like this. They're not trying to do a 30-minute match.

Wow. Seth's motivated.

Ahhh Brock's shtick is still fun. Glad we don't see it every month, though.

Really enjoying this physicality.

Yeah maybe a third suicide dive wasn't a great idea.

Interesting to incorporate the table.

Cool work here.

WOW. That was an adrenaline rush.

- Post-match:
Big moment for Seth IF he can hold on to it. I expect Brock isn't going to disappear.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment