Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Change in Smackdown creative team, Questions on Nash vs. Morton, Punk leaving with the WWE Title, backlash from Punk's shoot, and Creative having nothing for someone, new WWE game trailer, big name not at upcoming Impact Wrestling tapings, and WWE appearances at Connecticut Women's Expo

Michael Hayes has been replaced as the head of Smackdown's creative team by Ed Koskey, who if I remember correctly used to be the head writer for the ECW brand (and possibly NXT for a time). Hayes will take a job in the company's management. This will certainly be an interesting transition to follow.

On to my look at PWInsider.com's questions:
1. The only thing I have to add to/clarify from their answer is that anyone under a WWE Legends contract is free to take independent bookings, as long as it doesn't interfere with their WWE commitments. TNA's off limits as well. I also hadn't heard of them having heat before.

2. If they really wanted to, they could with that angle. I don't see it happening, though. I really wouldn't get my hopes up about Punk walking out of Chicago with the title, as much as some people want that to happen.

After the break, I look at the odds of Punk vs. Rock vs. Cena for the WWE Title at Mania, and the rest of the day's questions and news.


3. Not very good. Punk staying and holding the title for 9 months while Cena takes almost half a year off? Sounds like Bizarro World WWE.

4. I'll go with their answer. I consider them the most credible wrestling news site, so if they're saying there's no heat on him, I'll believe it (no matter how unlikely it seems on the surface). They shrugged off Joey Styles' shoot, so this is probably in a similar vein. They're not going to change their way of thinking or operating due to his promo.

5. The main issue here is that I suppose they figure it's much easier to replace a wrestler than a writer. It would be nice to get some fresh ideas on what to do with someone when they can't figure anything out for them, though.

Here's the trailer for an upcoming WWE game called WWE Brawl. That's an umm... interesting take on WWE.

Ric Flair isn't set to be used at this week's Impact Wrestling tapings, which include the big Midsummer Nightmare show. It's unknown if this is related to him not appearing in front of the crowd as promoted for the BaseBrawl shows. I can't say that I blame them for going that route.

Finally, Alex Riley and Kaitlyn are scheduled to appear at the Connecticut Women's Expo 9/10-9/11. I wonder how they are behind-the-scenes.

That's all for Sunday's news. More to come tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment