Total Pageviews

Monday, July 4, 2011

Raw thoughts- 7/4/11

Tonight's the 4th of July, and last week's Raw certainly ended with fireworks. After C.M. Punk went off the rails, how will WWE respond? Will Vince McMahon address the situation as has been speculated? One thing's for sure, there will be a new #1 Contender to John Cena's WWE Championship. Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, and R-Truth will all compete for the right to headline Money In The Bank in Chicago. All that and more tonight. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

That's an umm... interesting jacket for Riley.

A bit weird that they'd have Punk work house shows but not the PPV. You'd think they'd just keep him at home.

Interesting stance from Cena. I wonder how much of his promo is based in reality.

A number of ways they could go with this one.

So-so Divas' match. Not that I was expecting much from them, anyway.

Andy's staying on TV for now. I wonder how long it'll be before we see him compete on Raw.

That was an interesting interview segment.

I thought Punk was coming out when I first heard New Nexus' music. I guess they'll need new music when he presumably leaves.

Not a bad tag match.

Well, at least Zack Ryder got some TV time. Maybe the Major Broskis will get a tag team title shot in the future?

They're in a tough spot with Miz now. He needs something big to stay close to the WWE Title picture, but squashing Riley would put the latter right back in midcard hell.

I really hope Swagger doesn't lose to Slaughter here. But... then again, it is the 4th of July. Maybe Bourne helps him out?

Wow, really? I'm pleasantly surprised that they let him go over. Thank goodness the focus of the match was on Swagger and Bourne and not the guy who (despite being a legend and deserving Hall of Famer) is quite a few years past his prime.

I was mostly fine with that. The legend got some spotlight, but they didn't hurt Swagger's credibility or push Bourne to the backburner to do it.

So, who's going to replace the winner of this match in the Money In The Bank match? They're not going to make them work double duty are they?

I figured the heels would start things off against Rey.

If they were really ignoring Punk, they wouldn't mention that he was indefinitely suspended. They'd hint that they had to change things, but not mention the person who said so many negative things about the company.

I wouldn't mind R-Truth winning MITB, saying that he can use that to bypass the conspiracy keeping him from the title.

Heck of a match so far.

Some cool little spots here.

I think R-Truth should get this one. Save Alberto for later.

Ah well... at least it was a good match. Del Rio vs. Cena should be fine; I just wish they'd have give it more time to be promoted.

Hollywood: Ruining another cartoon I enjoyed as a kid (in reruns).

Glad they're showing the importance of the Money In The Bank match.

4th of July cake? That's a new one to me.

That's pretty clever actually.

The sooner this guy gets back to main event status, the sooner we can forget how far he'd been depushed since his Smackdown days.

That was... ok I guess. I think the whole "humiliating Vickie" thing has really run its course, though. I can't be the only one who got NXT Season 3 flashbacks there.

Good video packages for Miz and Riley.

It's actually kind of hard to tell who's who here.

I had somewhat forgotten that Riley was on NXT Season 2. Kind of funny that he and McGillicutty are bigger parts of WWE than the winner of the show is. Though I guess that would apply to anyone from NXT who's still employed there.

I guess I'm ok with that. Miz got to save face by the post-match beatdown.

I bet a lot of people tried to follow that truck with Layla's picture on it.

That was pretty brief and low-key for a Vince promo.

Punk screwed Punk!

I'm not really sure what I expected to follow Punk's promo last week, but this wasn't really it. 1998 Vince McMahon would have shown a lot more fire.

Ha. For those who didn't get the reference, when C.M. Punk was still in OVW, he was one of the extras for Cena's entrance at WrestleMania 22 (which had Cena coming to the ring in a classic car with "gangsters" shooting off guns).

Kind of a weird segment.

Well then, I guess we know who's walking out of Chicago with the title.

And that's all for Raw. I'll be back tomorrow for NXT, and a news post will be up at some point after midnight. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment