Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

Smackdown thoughts- 7/8/11

Last week's contract signing was thrown into disarray as the pale warrior Sheamus made his mark on both Orton and Christian. As Money In The Bank looms next week, will things be straightened out by Theodore Long? There's plenty more on tap tonight; read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

A little weird seeing faces and heels all together in the ring without issue.

Cool promo from Rhodes. Bryan did well also. Something tells me we won't hear from Sin Cara (in English).

That was cool. Sheamus could break back into being a serious top star soon.

I hope they don't really have Sheamus win, then cash in later that night, and not just because they did it last year with Kane. I like when they give it some time to build up.

Not really crazy about them doing another Orton/Sheamus match tonight. Not that I don't think it will be a good match, but they're really running through main events. It feels like there aren't many people on Smackdown these days. I wouldn't mind if they brought back Brodus Clay just for some variety.

I can't be the only one who was expecting Sin Cara to be Bryan's partner. Maybe we get Ezekiel vs. DiBiase for the title next Sunday?

Not a bad start to the match.

I forgot to start the count of "right there"s from Booker. Sorry about that.

DiBiase pinned Big Zeke!? Didn't see that one coming.

I want Mark Henry to be a top player on Smackdown, even if he's supposedly winding his career down in the next 18 months. I'd rather see him than Kane and Big Show.

It's squashin' time.

I blinked and missed that one. I hope Jinder can do more than what we've seen in these brief matches.

I guess they still have AJ and Kaitlyn come out to Natalya's song because the audience is still warming up to them?

Wow, AJ's getting smashed here. At least she got a chant.

I liked that Shining Wizard.

There we go! Not a 5-star match, but I'm liking the future for AJ.

Tamina's kind of a scary chick.

I like the selling of the sound technician attack.

Kane's more mobile than he has any right to be at his size, age, and years of bumps.

Mark Henry's not the only wrestler still in WWE from the Clinton Administration. Kane, HHH, Taker, Big Show, and Goldust also fit the bill.

I would have been surprised had Henry been pinned from that chokeslam.

If I was Booker, I'd have taken that computer off of the table for the possible slam through it.

Fine match for a clash of big men.

Possible Henry/Booker feud?

I get a sneaking suspicion that the "title changing hands on DQ" stipulation could mean a new champion next week.

I love them playing up the importance of MITB. It should be a big deal.

Hopefully someone on the Smackdown team saw Tyson's recent matches on NXT and said "why don't we put this guy on a show people actually watch?"

Sin Cara continues to improve (adapt). There are still some awkward spots, but in time I think WWE could really have something with him.

Yeah, what happened to Kidd looking for a manager?

Too much arguing on commentary.

Nice match. I continue to look forward to what's next for Sin Cara.

I like the little video packages on wrestlers.

Gabriel and Slater seem miscast as heels, especially the former.

I have no clue what the Usos just said.

Another fine match. Really liking the Usos recently. I'm actually somewhat warming up to Slater as well, and I've liked Gabriel pretty much since day one on NXT.

I'm still kind of split on Curtis. I didn't like this vignette as much as some of the others. Interested to see how much he's improved in the ring since NXT though.

Nice tease of using the punt early.

Zack Ryder video package? Didn't see that one coming.

Good. Wasn't really looking forward to Orton winning via RKO.

Well, Orton's still the guy standing tall at the end, but it could have been worse. He could have fended off both men single-handedly.

That's all for Smackdown. I'll be back Sunday to review Destination X, and a news post will be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment