Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

TNA Destination X thoughts- 7/10/11

Tonight, TNA brings focus back to the high-flying X-Division with 8 matches inside the 6-sided ring. Who will walk out tonight with a new TNA contract, and who will be X-Division Champion? Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

This is the Samoa Joe I like to see. The man was a killer during that 18-month undefeated streak.

I'd definitely like to see a rematch of these two. They brought it here.

Glad they're showing packages on Styles and Daniels to set up their rivalry for those who aren't familiar.

That was an odd segment, but fitting for Young. I guess that was some "wink, wink, nudge nudge" for those of us who know who Curry Man and Sangriento are under the masks, since they're both already set for matches tonight.

The name Mark Haskins sounds somewhat familiar.

We're two for two with solid matches tonight.

Nice promo from Aries.

Yeah, I could have done without some of that match. Pretty sports-entertainmenty for the "Wrestling Matters" company.

I sense a Daniels heel turn tonight...

Zema's promo was "meh".

We're really at 25 Ultimate X matches? Wow. No wonder it feels like every spot's been done in them.

I'm not really a fan of bump/spotfests. It's less impressive the more they do it. The action was cool, but nothing groundbreaking. This is coming from someone who could not get enough of the X-Division in 2005-2006 (I first started watching TNA in December 2004), but the style its appeal after a while. There's a reason they only do fireworks a few times a year.

RVD and Lynn were in a tough spot on this show, competing with younger and more athletic high-flyers. This was more of a nostalgia match than anything, and it's difficult to live up to their older matches.

Another crazy spotfest. I prefer stuff like this to be slowed down so the moves mean more. Obviously this isn't the division/PPV for me.

I see why they put Abyss on the card to give us something different, and a break from all the high-flying 90 MPH car crashes.

Wow, that was... wow. If this was a heavyweight match, fans would crap all over that ending.

That match was a nice look back at a rivalry that was a big deal early on in TNA.

This show felt more like a match compilation or DVD than a PPV based on what I'm used to seeing. Kind of a weird break from the norm. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who loved it, but I think this was an X-Division overdose. Adding a little bit of salt to something can make it taste better and be less bland, but too much of it can cause health issues. All in all, not for me.

That's it for my look at this PPV. I'll be back tomorrow for Raw, and a news post will be up later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment