Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

WWE Money In The Bank thoughts

Tonight, WWE's got both World Titles on the line, 2 #1 Contendership ladder matches, and a big grudge match. Not too shabby. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

At first I was surprised that they started off with a MITB match, but the spacing's pretty important tonight. They've pretty much got to end with Cena/Punk, and they don't want to do both ladder matches back to back, so this makes sense.

These matches can be pretty fun at times. Partially because we don't see that kind of thing much in WWE. It stands out a lot more.

Pretty good match so far.

That powerbomb spot was insane. Wow.

I'm kind of confused as to whether Justin Gabriel is face now or just not teaming with Slater.

I thought Rhodes was going to win it there for a second.

I've been pretty impressed with Slater in this match. I wish we saw this from him more often.

Fantastic match from everyone involved. Very entertaining. Pretty surprised that Bryan won. I've warmed up to him a good deal recently, but don't see him as a future World Champion. I'll wait to see how this plays out in upcoming weeks and months, though.

Yeah, there are definitely other Divas I'd want to see in a PPV title match.

Show and Henry aren't wasting any time in this one.

Absolutely awesome match/angle with the two big men. I'm obviously a fan of storytelling, even if a match isn't a 5-star classic with highflying moves and chain-wrestling.

I'm liking them building to the Cena/Punk match. Why can't angles be this big of a deal more often?

Crazy spot after crazy spot here.

Very good match, if somewhat spot-heavy. I don't think Del Rio needed the win, but it should be pretty fun listening to his promos about it. I wouldn't have a problem with him being champion in the least if he gets a nice push.

Another great match storytelling-wise. Interesting ending, and I'm looking forward to how they follow up on it. I can't fault them for going that route, though I think the titles change hands too much.

I'm glad they didn't have Bryan cash in there, and not just because it would be pretty out-of-character. I think it'll take some time to buy him as a future World Champion based on where he is on the card at the moment.

I love Cena pulling out all these moves to remind his critics how good of a wrestler he can be when he isn't playing to the crowd with his signature offense.

This has been a really solid match. The only thing on this show that didn't really impress was the Divas match, and it wasn't bad in its own right.

Punk's definitely giving us something to miss him for. I hope he comes back and becomes a fixture in the main event scene on either brand.

 THIS IS AWESOME.

Absolutely amazing match from an in-ring and storytelling perspective.

They have a lot of potential storyline fuel coming off of this show. I'm very much looking forward on where they go from here.

That's all for my Money In The Bank thoughts. I'll be back tomorrow for Raw and a news post is on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment