Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Raw thoughts- 7/18/11

We've got a new WWE Champion, and for the first time in the company's history, he's not an employee of the company! C.M. Punk is gone and John Cena could be next if Vince McMahon has his way. All the fallout to the explosive Money In The Bank PPV is tonight on Raw. Read on for my thoughts on the show as it happens.

That's an interesting choice of clothing for McMahon.


Spot the people backstage! I think I saw Percy Watson there.

I was thinking of having a Fatal 4 Way at Summerslam for the title, but this works, too. I understand why they'd want to crown a new champion ASAP.

I like how they're using Twitter to continue the storyline, since it kind of blurs the lines between storyline and the performers' personal accounts. Performers get props from me when they promote their stories a bit online. Going the extra mile in a sense.

Something's missing with Riley but I'm not 100% sure what it is (other than experience). Maybe he needs more of a character as a face.

I did like the Texas Cloverleaf, though.

There are a number of good choices to win the tournament. It'd be somewhat amusing if Del Rio won. He'd be the WWE Champion, and has a guaranteed match against the WWE Champion. Umm....

Packed show. But they do have to do 7 fairly big matches in 2 hours.

That Summerslam song is pretty bad.

John Morrison video package. Awesome. Always good to keep people in the audience's minds. "Remember how cool this guy is? Well, he's coming back."

I bet they've gotten a good number of anti-Cena tweets, too.

I don't think that was really an upset. Swagger's been having trouble with Evan Bourne, while Truth's recently been in the WWE Title hunt.

Nice pitch for Smackdown. I wish shows got this much storyline hype more often.

Zack Ryder signs near Del Rio's car. Nice. When will see him on the show?

WWE tends to get a number of trending topics during Raw and Smackdown.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if C.M. Punk interrupted the end of the tournament so there won't be a new champion. But I think he'll be taking time off instead. We'll see, though.

Ricardo's been in FCW lately. Glad that he's back. He plays his part perfectly.

Nice match-up.

Plenty of surprise finishes tonight. No complaints from me, though.

Wait, what if Del Rio cashes in the briefcase before there's a champion? I guess they wouldn't allow him to?

I like the Summerslam rebounds. PPVs should be seen as places where big things happen.

Kofi's really improving on the mic. He's a long way removed from his intro packages on the ECW brand.

Dolph would have been a good choice to win MITB. He's got to be a brand's top champion again some point, right?

Pretty good match-up.

That was pretty good. Rey winning made sense to keep things face vs. heel in Round 2.

Not a bad second round lineup at all.

AJ and Kaitlyn on Raw? I'm very ok with this. Even if it's a clustermess like last time.

Yep, that was a clustermess all right.

I thought they were going to be in Chicago for Raw tonight? I must have heard something wrong.

I'd actually be pretty much ok with anyone in the tournament winning the title tonight, though Kofi would be a  BIT of a stretch I think.

Another awesome match. I guess we get Miz vs. Mysterio in the finals? If so, Miz should win via hook or crook.

Another solid heel promo from Truth as well. Everyone's got on their working shoes tonight.

Andy's a dweeb. I thought this channel's motto was about people who have characters. Without the Tough Enough stuff to play off of, he'd be... well, even blander than he already is. His next vignette should be about mowing his lawn or going to the grocery store or something equally bor... you know what, let's get back to the matches.

If it didn't mean a heel vs. heel match, I'd love to see Miz vs. Truth for the title.

Pretty much this whole show has been hot.

Did Vince just say WWF Champion!?

Postponing the match works for me. People will definitely tune in for the finals.

I love the "Punk 3:16 says I just stole your title" sign.

Had to figure we'd see Cena tonight.

Yeah, I don't think he could really just replace Cena on a whim.

This whole show feels like it's from a different time. A lot of energy and controversy.

Oh snap, TNA reference! That was fun.

It's Corporate Executive Triple H! This is a pretty surprising Raw, in a good way.

I'm loving this whole thing.

Well, that was a pretty awesome Raw. Can't wait until next week. I'll be back for NXT tomorrow, and a news post will be up at some point after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment