Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/1/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

There had to have been a less contrived way to set up a #1 contender. I think they should have just set up a tournament, then had Roode either pay off or attack his opponent to get to the final round. Anderson vs. Gunner kind of splits the fans' loyalty as well. Silly.

Cool segment with Abyss and Magnus. I figured they'd address Magnus' absence from the title picture.

It seemed a little weird for Bully to "prefer not to name" Dixie when he spray-painted her name on the table. Otherwise, good segment. I think I would have wanted him to sell the injury more for what that's worth.

Good Dixie/Spud segment.

That match was kind of a mess with the interference. Gunner looked strong in the win, though.

TNA clearly needed another bearded badass character.

Looks like they're playing off the the new guy's real-life criminal record with those comments. Great job.

Really good segment to set up EC3 vs. Angle. EC3 and Spud make a good comedy duo and Angle's still a pretty legit badass.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Beautiful People, but we'll see what they've got in store tonight.

The mystery cameraman thing continues to be really stupid. The segment with Knux and Rebel was pretty corny as well. I don't have really high hopes for this.

Not a bad short match between Gunner and Roode. I feel like they're trying to cram too many things in tonight.

I assumed Dixie was going to be used to put Roode over, but it looks like they're just continuing to focus on her. I like the character, but I'm not sure they need to be giving it this much TV time.

Ehh. I find The Beautiful People rather overrated as a gimmick and this didn't really change my mind.

I enjoyed Dixie's performance here, but I can't say I'm upset we won't see either her or Bully for a while. I'm guessing they'll be brought back on the road to Slammiversary.

Another clustermess match. I had high hopes for the new TNA at one point.

In TNA, it feels like everyone feuds with everyone and at least two angles have to be put over in every segment. Crash TV continues.

I got a kick out of the Bro-Mans complaining there. As for Bully Ray's situation, Spike won't allow male-on-female violence on TV, so you won't be seeing Dixie go through a table on Impact any time soon. I'm guessing they're setting up a big table bump for Slammiversary. I can see people really wanting to see that.

SQUASH. I wonder who will be built up as the next challengers for The Wolves. The Menagerie could be TNA's plan there.

That Knockouts segment was pretty painful. This show's really taken a nosedive lately.

Young vs. Roode would have been better with more time, but TNA needed to get over 485 things tonight apparently. The action was good, for what that's worth.

I liked the post-match to show Young as a babyface. That was a good touch.

Nice cliffhanger ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment