Total Pageviews

Friday, May 16, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/15/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

















Fine opening segment to set up Eric Young vs. MVP. I like MVP as a heel, even if it feels pretty out of nowhere.

Pretty badass second part to the opening segment. MVP brought the fire there. I wasn't crazy about insinuating Young was an insignificant nobody before becoming champion (regardless of how true it is). Young's already got an uphill battle as a credible champion. They don't need to make it worse.

I'm actually more interested in Dixie and Spud than Bully Ray in 2014, but that's me.

What's the over/under on how long Jeff will be Willow? Will someone take his mask off like EY did to Abyss?

At least Magnus and Bram can manhandle Willow. If they can't beat him up 2-on-1, something's wrong.

Seriously, TNA... After all the shortcuts Magnus took as champion, now he won't do something heelish? I'm not surprised so many people seem to be giving up on the product.

Does anyone really want to see a Magnus/Bram feud at this stage? Bram just got to TNA and they're already teasing a feud with the person who brought him in.

MVP really needs to lock his door. Especially when someone's chasing him.

I liked the BP/Gail segment as far as setting up their match. The heel/face realignment still seems pretty clumsy.

The ending to that one was pretty funny. Good work. The match itself was good as well.

I'm glad TNA's giving The Menagerie screen time instead of just throwing them out there in matches.

Really good promo from EC3. He's been a great pickup by TNA.

I have no clue what the hell I just watched in that match/segment, but it was kind of entertaining in a crazy way. I'd probably be bailing if I was Kazarian, too.

I liked the MVP/Aries/Young segment. Young vs. MVP still doesn't feel like a Slammiversary main event, but maybe they've got something big planned.

Pretty intense segment between MVP and Young. It looks like we're going to get another "Eric Young overcomes the odds" story tonight. I'm glad they're pushing him, but it definitely feels like they're desperate for a new top face and overcompensating by pushing him so hard so quickly.

I wasn't particularly a fan of that Bully/Spud segment, but it moved the story along.

Very chaotic match between Anderson and Storm. They crammed a lot of stuff into something of a short segment. TNA's pretty good at having a lot of shenanigans and false finishes. A lot of people don't care for too much of that.

Well, the Shaw storyline just got pretty interesting. Glad they're not totally abandoning him.

I couldn't care much less about Sanada. He's not a very interesting character.

We're back to fairly unimportant spotfests in the X-Division. Compare this to the build for the triple threat on NXT. I'm always impressed by the athleticism, but what separates these high-flyers from the myriad other high-flyers who've appeared in TNA these past 12 years? That's what's key for them to succeed.

And Bully/Dixie continues. I would have preferred there to be more build for the X-Division match. They could have cut some of this out.

There are always about 1,000 plot points going on during any given episode of Impact. It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for Shaw and Gunner.

That was a good payoff for tonight's Bully/Dixie stuff. I was wondering why Dixie didn't call the cops or something. Bully vs. EC3 works for me. I hope they don't just feed EC3 to Bully.

You'd think with all these heated World Title matches, TNA's viewership would be higher.

But Kenny King and MVP were just feuding! My brain hurts so much from watching this show.

Can't MVP fire that ref? Or have another one restart the match? Yeah, this one was a little odd. All these swerves. TNA's really a mess right now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment