Total Pageviews

Friday, May 2, 2014

Top name added to MSG, Bryan working insane schedule?, identity of TNA's new stable, TNA-Orlando update, released NXT stars comment, Sabu's legacy, Interviews with Rollins/McIntyre and Questions on censoring the NWA Title, separate entrances for heels and faces, Hogan's theme at WM1, GFW signing TNA names and Total Divas

Triple H is advertised for WWE's return to Madison Square Garden. WWE always stacks things up there.

Daniel Bryan is advertised for a show in MSG the same day as a show in Japan, leading to speculation of him working both shows due to the time difference. That's really insane if he works both events. I'm all for strong work ethic, but I think that was poorly planned out.

Knux's new TNA stable will consist of Rob Terry as Freak and Canadian independent wrestler Crazy Steve. Rebel is someone Christy Hemme worked with before she became a wrestler. I'm willing to give the group a chance. From the leaked picture, it looks pretty off-the-wall.

Bram, who debuted on this week's Impact with Magnus, is former WWE developmental wrestler Kenneth Cameron. He teamed with the current Konnor in an earlier version of The Ascension.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Currently, TNA's last dates scheduled in Orlando are from May 7 to May 10. They want to run there again in the future, but nothing's been announced yet. TNA doesn't have a ton of set dates right now.

Danny Burch and Oliver Grey tweeted about their NXT releases. Sadly there's a limited number of a spots in the big leagues. Maybe Jeff Jarrett will give them a call?

WWE.com looked at the legacy of Sabu. I've got to say I'm surprised to see that given his reputation during the ECW relaunch. Pretty good piece, though. I cracked up at "dial-up Internet darling". As far as that style of wrestling goes, Sabu was definitely an innovator and deserves to be recognized for it.

Seth Rollins talked about the future of The Shield and more. They could have a BIG night at Extreme Rules and I hope they do. I think them turning face was a good move given how over they are with the audience. The Shield vs. the Wyatt Family worked pretty well despite both groups basically being heels.

Drew McIntyre talked about The Streak, a potential UK PPV and more. I think it's possible we see a UK PPV at some point now that the WWE Network is a thing. It's something WWE should look at, at least.
 
For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I think I actually have to side with the NWA on this one from a legal standpoint as it was their intellectual property. It was definitely a boon for WWF to feature him as champion, though.

2. I actually like that touch from a kayfabe standpoint. I think now there would be (valid) concerns about it being more labor-intensive and taking away from potential seating areas and such, but I think it's a pretty clever idea. TNA did the same thing for a while in the original Impact Zone.

3. Wait... who gets the pizza!? I've never heard of Hogan having that theme, so I think it should be the other person.

4. I'm OK with him signing TNA names if there's demand for them and it's not just a case of him helping out his buddies. I share the concern about the company not just being TNA 2.0. As long as it develops into its own thing and uses talents who've never worked TNA as well, I don't think it will have that problem other than the association with the Jarretts.

5. It's all part of the work of making the reality show seem more real.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment