Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Main Event Reax - 5/27/14, Hall of Famers at Takeover, what Shield vs. Evolution contract said, latest on Sin Cara I, Interview with Striker, Kane appearance, the importance of referees, Bagwell tries Canadian Destroyer, good news for NXT, Japanese legend back in TNA, Smackdown audience, Batista update, Flair appearance, Raw cameo and Questions on stripping Bryan, changing Bryan's music, Saving Private Ryback, Wyatt vs. Cena and great talkers

Main Event:
I liked the little video to set up the opening tag match. WWE's doing a better job of setting up matches lately.

Not a bad match between Axel and Cody. I wish it would have went a little longer, but they've got a PPV to sell for Sunday. Or maybe they'll set up a tag match?

I wish there was a post-match there. I'm curious to eventually see Cody vs. Goldust.

As bizarrely entertaining as it is to watch Sandow in these silly segments, it's going to take a while for him to recover from them. He's a very talented competitor. I don't know why they're doing this to him.

Yeah, the further we get away from that match, the better. It was alright, but I don't really get the direction with Sandow.

Didn't expect Brie to lose that one clean. WWE throws some curve balls sometimes. I'm ready for Natalya vs. Charlotte in NXT at any rate.

I liked the promo from The Usos. They're growing as performers.

Good Wyatts promo. I love this gimmick.

Kickass main event match. I want to see these two teams face off for the titles on Sunday. Why wouldn't they?

Great post-match to send a message to Cena.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Ric Flair will accompany Charlotte at NXT Takeover, while Bret Hart will accompany Natalya. That's pretty cool! I hope Hart and Flair play nice behind-the-scenes. That night should be about the current wrestlers and not grudges from years past. I also hope they don't overshadow Charlotte and Natalya on-screen as the goal should be getting Charlotte further over and her improving to where she'll eventually be ready for the main roster.

After Raw, John Cena beat Bray Wyatt via DQ when the Wyatts interfered. Nothing new there (not that it needed to be). Honestly, with Bryan out, I'm OK with Cena being the top face for a few months. He can feud with Kane and Orton at the top of the card I suppose. I'm not really excited about those feuds given how much we've seen the latter especially, but I don't know if it's time to push Roman Reigns as a top face as a singles star just yet.

Eagle-eyed WWE viewers got a picture of the contract used Monday night as it was briefly shown on TV: 

That's hilarious. Kudos to whomever wrote that. I'd love to know what other contracts have said.

The original Sin Cara is back to wrestling as Mistico in AAA. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Matt Striker was interviewed about his time in WWE. I miss Striker's commentary.

Kane was part of a clinic discussing the dangers of concussions. Kane's profile outside of the ring is really growing. It's great that he's branching out from just being a monster wrestler.

Justin Credible talked about the importance of referees in wrestling. A good ref can really add to things.

Buff Bagwell pulled out a Canadian Destroyer. Kind of... It was cool to see him attempt it, though.

NXT Takeover has sold out! Great news. I look forward to it.

The Great Muta will be at the June 25 Impact taping in New York City. It will be interesting to see what they use him for. I can see him tagging with Sanada and possibly Tigre Uno again. Who will get misted next?

Friday's Smackdown drew 2.58 million viewers, up almost 100,000 viewers from the past week. That's good to hear.

Batista is set for Monday's Raw, but this is his last scheduled appearance before he goes off to promote "Guardians of the Galaxy". It will be interesting to see how they write him off.

Ric Flair will be at Santino Marella's wrestling/MMA school on June 7 for a Q&A and more. That will be pretty cool.

The crew member attacked by Alicia Fox on Raw was the son of Fred Ottman, a.k.a. Tugboat/Typhoon/Shockmaster. Cool cameo.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. WWE kind of makes up the rules as they go along to fit the stories they want to tell. Storytelling's an art, not a science.

2. If there's a change in his character or the music would give him a better reaction, I don't have a problem with it.

3. It's doable, but wouldn't be easy. I'd do something to write him off for a few months first. Long enough for fans to forget about how he's been booked as less-than-important. When he comes back, have him start wrecking fools again. From there, it's up to him and the fans to a large degree. It's definitely a shame he didn't get pushed as a top guy given how over he was.

4. SOME fans hate Cena and are cheering for Bray instead. I think the idea of Bray being so charismatic he's swayed some fans works for the angle.

5. All of them are great in my book. I don't think there's any true answer here. It's all subjective!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment