Total Pageviews

Friday, May 23, 2014

Superstars and NXT Reax - 5/22/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Superstars and NXT.
Superstars:
I've literally seen so many Big Show matches I don't care to see him anymore. If he's used in a way to elevate someone else, I can stomach it. But Big Show squash matches got tiresome YEARS ago.

Cody vs. Swagger was a pretty solid match. I hope there's a bright future for Cody in particular. Swagger can play a bigger role in WWE in the future, too, but I think Cody might be the one to bank on.

NXT:
I love Bo Dallas' character. It took a long time to get here, but he plays it really well.

Pretty good match between Big E and Bo. That was definitely better than I've seen from Bo in the past. I wouldn't say Bo's a great wrestler in the vein of Sami Zayn, but I think he can definitely make an impact with his personality and intangibles. If he's booked right, he should be fine.

Good post-match. I really hope Bo's this much fun on the main roster.

That was a good sendoff for Bo. I love how delusional he is about the amount of fan support he has.

I liked the Tyson Kidd promo. I'm glad he's getting some character development, even if it is' in NXT.

Sami Zayn vs. Tyler Breeze could be pretty good. I'm waiting to see a breakout performance from Breeze, and Zayn's as good of an opponent as any to get that from him.

That was a better performance from Paige than I've seen from her on the main roster in some cases. Tamina was good here as well. I hope Paige continues to progress.

Rose vs. Camacho wasn't bad. As much as I like Rose's gimmick, I wonder if he's ready for the main roster as we haven't seen a lot from him as a wrestler under this character. I'm guessing/hoping there's a rematch at Takeover we can sink our teeth into a little more.

Are they protecting Camacho for something after Rose leaves NXT? Otherwise, I don't see much reason to not have Rose go over clean.

Charlotte continues to be impressive as a talker and as a wrestler. I hope she breaks out and becomes someone really special.

That was a clever ending. Charlotte's gaining as a heel. Natalya definitely fits the "seasoned veteran" role well. Her experience really makes her stand out.

Good lineup for Takeover. I'm looking forward to it.

Neville was really impressive there in what was more or less a squash match. I never have an issue with his athleticism.

Pretty good post-match to set up Takeover. The last line is what sold the match to me. Hopefully it isn't just a bunch of cool spots.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment