Total Pageviews

Friday, May 30, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/29/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
This is going to be a chore to cover in some ways after watching NXT Takeover. Definitely go check that out.

That was a good opening segment to continue TNA's top feuds. Spud makes a great whipping boy.

The action in that match was really good. Austin Aries looked like kind of a dope for tagging out after the brainbuster when he could have gotten the victory. I think the ending did more to drive a wedge between Aries and The Wolves than get heat on MVP's group. I don't know if that's what TNA wants.

Good Bram/Magnus segment. I like the idea of them feuding with The Wolves after The Wolves' current feud. That would require them to be on the same page, though.

I guess they're just throwing out the whole "Dixie and Bully are banned from the Impact Zone" thing.

So much for the X-Division looking strong. I'm personally mostly OK with Bram killing Tigre, but they acted like his signing was a big deal and he got a clean win over the X-Division Champion.

Magnus vs. Bram vs. Willow at Slammiversary? That'd be interesting. I like Magnus and Bram vs. Willow and Abyss personally unless they plan on making Magnus a babyface.

Interesting stuff between Anderson and Gunner. I'm curious to see what's next for Shaw.

Madison's not really good at the whole pep talk thing, is she? I'm guessing Tessmacher or Taryn as Brittany's partner. It's coming time for one or both to come back.

Good squash by Anderson and Gunner. They just did in one match what The Wolves took several weeks to do.

Meh. I like The Menagerie, but I'm not really feeling them as a gimmick right now. They're just kind of a thing instead of a team I really need to cheer.

Can Brittany and Gail beat the BP? Maybe. Probably not. What will Madison do about the whole thing?

Mostly a good segment with MVP, Dixie, etc.. They didn't really put Bully or (especially) EY over all that strong, but it got things going. It does seem like EY's playing second fiddle to Bully here. That's not good, since EY's the champ.

The Knockouts get a lot of screen time tonight I see.

Yeah, I don't think we'll be seeing Angle in the ring for a while.

It's definitely time for a Knockout to pose a challenge to the BP. Where are Taryn and Brooke?

Jesus, this Knockouts angle is a clustermess. I couldn't care much less who's facing whom because everyone's feuding with everyone. Whom are we supposed to pull for in this angle? Clearly Brittany's not capable of dethroning Angelina and Madison's borderline heel. TNA can be really frustrating.

Are we supposed to pull for EC3 to not work for MVP's group? He's clearly a heel in the angle with Bully Ray. Oy.

OK, I popped for the heels taking over duties for the main event. I don't think you can top Scott Steiner as ring announcer, though.

Great way to get over EY ahead of him headlining Slammiversary. I hesitate to call him the top babyface. Bully had an advantage over him here and now Joe's cleaning house. I mean, I'd rather see Joe or maybe Bully as top babyface, but EY's the champion and main eventing at Slammiversary.

I'm guessing Kazarian's the guy getting fired next week, but maybe they throw us a curveball.

Thank goodness that's over. More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment