Total Pageviews

Friday, May 30, 2014

NXT Takeover Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT Takeover special.
Good opening video package. I'm excited for the future of WWE's talent.

Adam Rose's gimmick works pretty well in small venues. It's harder to get across in bigger arenas.

Rose's gimmick is a little silly and I think he's still a work in progress, but I liked what I saw of him here and hope he's successful on the main roster. Camacho played off him well and I hope he also gets on a track to success at some point.

Fine post-match. I wonder how much longer Rose will be in NXT?

Sami Zayn keeps growing as a character. Just a bit more polishing and he'll be ready to make a big splash on the main roster. My idea would be to have him debut in a feud with Bad News Barrett leading to him becoming IC Champion. I'd have that penciled in for Battleground or Summerslam.

That was pretty good for the latest defense by The Ascension. I think they're doing well. Personally I think all they need is a manager and they're pretty much ready for the main roster. Father James Mitchell or AJ Lee would be my picks. Paige would work if they were babyfaces, but if they remain as heels, those are my choices. I could see AJ playing up the punk/goth look to fit in. She'd still wrestle in this scenario.

Good work by Tyler Breeze in that promo. I love these pre-match promos.

It made sense for the heel to win to challenge for the title, as good as Zayn vs. Neville would be. Zayn continues to be incredibly talented. Breeze is coming along, but he still needs work from an in-ring perspective before I'd recommend him for the main roster as a singles star. I could see him working as a brother/cousin to Dolph Ziggler in a tag team scenario if WWE wanted to go that route.

Ehhh... I like seeing Rusev get heat and crushing people, but I'm not feeling Mojo Rawley yet.

I liked the Flairs/Harts segment, but I do think it kind of took the spotlight away from Charlotte and Natalya. I hope they let Charlotte grow into her own wrestler and not focus too much on who her dad is, especially as a heel. Her pulling out Flair's spots will probably get her a face reaction.

Good Paige promo. It was cool to see her back in NXT.

That was a REALLY good Divas' match. Hats off to everyone involved. Natalya is truly at the top of her class from an in-ring perspective. Charlotte's doing pretty well for herself and the two of them played off each other really well. I want a rematch and hope we see the two of them face off on the main roster at some point.

Good promo by Neville. He's growing on me as far as intangibles go.

That main event was AMAZING. They did go heavy on the cool spots, but all in all, they told a really good story of two wrestlers trying to show who's the best. Kidd should be used more on the main roster, and Adrian's got another notch under his belt. He'll be ready for a spot of his own before too much longer if he keeps things going from here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment