Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Raw Reax - 5/19/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.
Bray Wyatt is one of my favorite characters in YEARS. He's really come a LONG way from the Husky Harris days and I think he can be a player in the company for years to come. That was a really good promo and I didn't even mind John Cena's involvement. For the record, I don't hate Cena. I just think he's overexposed and we hear from him all the time.

Paul Heyman was sorely missed before Brock came back. I think this will be a pretty fun show.

Cesaro and Sheamus put together an amazing match as always. Cesaro getting the win was a nice surprise, though you'd think they'd want to do a better job of building the new champ. He did beat Titus in about three seconds on Smackdown, so I think he'll be OK. Both men are very talented.

Good post-match to keep Cesaro heel and Sheamus face. Maybe Cesaro should join Evolution instead of Sheamus? I think either man would be a good addition.

Evolution/Shield II should be pretty amazing.

I look forward to Rollins vs. Batista. Could be a big moment for the former NXT Champ.

I like Ryback. I'm not really sure why, but he's generally someone I like to see.

That was a better match than I expected from Big E and Ryback. They're both coming along well as powerhouses.

Interesting segment with Stephanie. Maybe they're waiting for more on Bryan's situation before they make too big of a decision. The stuff with Bad News Barrett was kind of an odd tease. What are they going to do with Kane at Payback if he's not fighting for the WWE Title?

I got a kick out of Lana's segment. She's been great at getting heat for Rusev.

Rusev continues to be impressive in his killing of jobbers.

Good segment with The Shield. They can always be relied on for a solid promo.

Good promo by Del Rio. I miss seeing him more regularly.

Del Rio vs. RVD was really well executed. The beat the clock format made it OK to go for a bunch of big moves quickly. I don't see any reason to expect Del Rio's stock to rise any time soon. As far as I know, he and WWE are still at something of an impasse as far as staying once his current contract expires.

I'm glad NXT Takeover got a plug. Of course the UK crowd's going to want to see Neville.

That was a much better promo from Cena than some of his other recent efforts. His promos are generally better in small doses.

Pretty good Evolution promo. This feud has been built well.

Cesaro vs. Mark Henry could be pretty good. I hope they keep building the Swiss Superman.

Pretty clever stuff before the Rollins/Batista match.

I enjoyed Rollins vs. Batista a good deal. I don't think the finish hurt either side. They're doing a good job of protecting The Shield in this feud.

Good post-match to continue things.

What? Really!? I guess they're doing the whole "keep someone humble in their hometown" kind of thing, but this was BS. Alicia just kicked out of Paige's finisher and I think hurt Paige's momentum. I think they could have easily just done a DQ finish or something to get more heat on Alicia for challenging for the title. I hope in the long-term, they still have plans for Paige given all the development that's gone into her. Alicia was pretty good in this match, for the record.

I don't know why I find Alicia's new character so amusing, but I guess anything was a step up from hardly having any character at all (or when she used to wear that fox hood). I'm fine with them building her up as a challenger if it doesn't halt Paige's push.

Good promo setting up Harper vs. Cena. I like matches getting things to set them up.

That was pretty funny from Dolph and Henry. Henry vs. Barrett could be interesting.

That was some pretty good drama at the end with time expiring. I don't think it hurt either side all that much.

I mostly liked Barrett's attack of Van Dam. Hopefully Barrett gets another notch in his belt at Payback.

Pretty good segment setting up the eventual Swagger/Rose match. I'm guessing that's set for Payback. I think they've done a good job building heat for it.

I'm much more excited about Bo Dallas than Hulk Hogan.

I thought that was a pretty awesome main event. Luke Harper has been a great pickup for WWE, and of course I'm a big fan of the Wyatt Family gimmick as a whole. John Cena deserves credit for his work here as well.

Great ending! All in all, almost the whole show was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment