Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Interviews with JB/Brie/Lita/Flair/Barrett, NXT guests, Payback lineup, Impact audience and Questions on the WWE Hall of Fame, sports entertainment, wrestlers who are B+ players, Devitt in WWE and JTG

Jeremy Borash talked about a number of TNA topics. I wonder what the logistics would be of moving all their tapings to the UK. Presumably they'd have to move all their live events to Europe and such as well? Honestly it's not a bad idea. That might work out better for them given the attendance woes they're having here.

Brie Bella hinted at retiring before too much longer. Interesting. I could see her being "fired" in order to stay at home with Bryan while he's injured.

Lita talked about going into the WWE Hall of Fame and more. The "worked shoot" with Edge and Matt really elevated the careers of both Edge and Lita as heels, but it did come with a price as far as the attention it brought to the situation.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.









Ric Flair talked about truly being the Nature Boy and more. It's definitely not a gimmick! Entertaining piece, and I also have high hopes for Charlotte.

The current Intercontinental Champion gave an interview. If you think reality shows are 100% "real", I'm afraid I've got a bit of bad news. Obviously he's not going to acknowledge Magnus as World Champion.

Rob Van Dam and Summer Rae were at the most recent NXT tapings. RVD vs. Sami Zayn or Adrian Neville would really be something to check out. I'd like Summer Rae to get some more in-ring experience while she's down there.

The final expected card for Payback is:
- (Pre-show): Mask vs. Hair match: El Torito vs. Hornswoggle
- Big E vs. Rusev
- Divas' Championship: Paige vs. Alicia Fox
- United States Championship: Sheamus vs. Cesaro
- Intercontinental Championship: Bad News Barrett vs. Rob Van Dam
- Last Man Standing: John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
- No Holds Barred Elimination Match: The Shield vs. Evolution
- Daniel Bryan's decision on the WWE Championship

I think it should be a really awesome show, personally. I'm surprised Kane hasn't been booked for something on the show, but he could still appear.

Impact's audience on Thursday was 1.08 million going against the NBA playoffs and NXT Takeover. Considering they had competition, I can't knock them too much for the audience here. It's in line with the previous few weeks. Either way these aren't stellar numbers and I'd be concerned if I was in a management position in TNA or Spike.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. That's like nine questions at once! I'd be hard-pressed to disagree with their analysis here. I do hope Kaufman goes in at some point personally. If WWE buys TNA down the line and Jarrett is no longer "competing" with WWE with something like GFW, I can see it happening. They've made amends with other stars, so I wouldn't totally rule it out. Also I can't wait for Steiner's induction speech.

2. "Rasslin'" has a negative reputation in some circles because of the associations with its carny past, steroids, early deaths, etc. Not to mention WWE is more than a wrestling company in 2014. I see it as similar to Marvel and DC no longer just being comic book companies.

3. The first name to come to mind is John Morrison, but I think some of it's because he has aspirations outside of wrestling (and the Melina factor). Shelton wasn't a great talker even when he didn't have to play a silly character, so I don't think that's WWE's fault. A manager would have been helpful (and I don't mean his "momma"). I know a lot of people had Carlito pegged as being a big deal one day, too. Hopefully it's not too late for Matt Morgan and Kharma.

4. In 2014 (and beyond), I don't think his size will be too big of a factor.

5. WWE doesn't really release people from main roster contracts anymore, preferring to let them expire. Also they need a couple experienced hands to do the jobbing thing. So it looks like he'll keep making that money, money. Yeah, yeah. That money, money. Yeah, yeah.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment