Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Locker room etiquette, updates on Japanese names to WWE, Interviews with Nikki/Aries/Y2J, WeeLC cameo, Impact audience, Ryan comments on release, extreme dream matches and Questions on MCMG, Rusev, the TNA TV Title, never missing Mania and cutting back on live events

Justin Credible's latest "Pro Wrestling 101" talks about locker room etiquette. Believe it or not, it's not just how many flippy moves you can do that gets you to the big leagues. Be respectful! I do think protecting wrestler's finishers is pretty important. I also think it's important and respectful to watch the other matches on the card.

It's expected KENTA will be heading to WWE once he finishes up with NOAH, but it's likely nothing will be announced until he's done there. That's a very classy move on his part given all his years there. I hope he does great things in WWE.

WWE still has a standing contract offer to Prince Devitt, who has finished with New Japan. So that's still an option for both sides. We'll see. He's another guy I'm curious to see in the States.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
Nikki Bella was profiled. I'm sure WWE appreciates the notion of football players being better athletes than wrestlers.

Austin Aries talked about how wrestling comes together alongside a former WWE writer. Aries gets ring psychology and it's refreshing to hear him hash it out. There are unfortunately way too many wrestlers who just focus on doing cool moves to get over.

Short Sleeve Sampson has been booked for Extreme Rules, presumably for the pre-show match. I can at least admire WWE going all out for the feud.

Chris Jericho talked about The Undertaker's Streak ending and more. I do think fans demand too much from wrestlers at times. They're human beings with lives, too, after all. I'm sure the line about titles being props will rustle some jimmies. I agree with him, though. They're highly sought-after props, but they're still props. I think I could live with them dropping the U.S. Title, but I'd much rather have Cesaro win it and turn it into the European Title. Please, WWE? I do think wrestling companies should try to be an alternative to WWE and not worry about trying to beat them. I also wonder what kind of splash Sting can make in WWE in 2014 (2015?). I just don't know if he can pull out that Monday Night Wars magic.

TNA's audience on Thursday was 1.13 million for the show after Sacrifice. TNA's right back where they were before Young's title win. I feel like they're really spinning their tires right now and wouldn't blame Spike for looking at other options.

Mason Ryan commented on his WWE release. I'd give him a look if I was TNA or GFW, but I don't necessarily see him as a headliner.

WWE.com looked at some dream hardcore matches ahead of Extreme Rules. A pretty entertaining and engaging read with some clever references slipped in. I would watch the hell out of most of those matches. Those posters are incredible!

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As of this writing, Sabin is still listed on the TNA roster. He's advertised for a number of non-TNA dates in May, though, so I expect he'll be officially removed pretty soon.

2. I haven't seen a lot of his work in developmental, but he's got a pretty decent level of experience. It's definitely WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYY too early to forecast him as a top act. Let him grow into the roster itself first.

3. They did make some cracks about it when Bad Influence was investigating the whole dual identity thing. It seems like one of those situations where they just don't really have any idea of what to do with the title, so it's kind of hanging around like the Knockouts Tag Team Titles did for a while. They presumably have to acknowledge it eventually, but they seem content to ignore it for now.

Nothing to really add to 4. Finkel's the obvious answer, but they covered it.

5. It could be a while before HHH and Stephanie taking over actually happens, so any speculation is a bit premature. I could see them taking a look at how many live events they run, but ultimately they do have to answer to the stockholders who are most interested in the financial bottom line.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment