Total Pageviews

Monday, May 5, 2014

WWE Extreme Rules Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE PPV.
Pre-show:
I'll at least give WWE credit for going all out with the match concept here. This is the company that brought us the juniors division after all.

Damn! They did a lot more big bumps than I expected for that match. I have a feeling we're in for a lot of crazy spots tonight.

Pretty good Zeb Colter promo.

Extreme Rules:
That was a pretty good Heyman promo. I'm glad we're not living in the past with ECW stuff.

Pretty insane first fall. Everyone's going all out tonight.

DAMN. Very physical contest overall. I've been rough on RVD lately, but he's an amazing athlete who can do some really great stuff. I'm glad Cesaro got the clean win to keep his momentum going.

Pretty good Bryan/Stephanie segment. I'm starting to feel like profanity's a cheap crutch to make a segment more heated and edgy.

That was actually kind of funny from Lana. I hope it gets Rusev heat.

WOW. R-Truth really impressed me with his fire there. Rusev was his usual brutal self. He's a pretty impressive asskicker.

The post-match was good to continue showing how destructive Rusev can be. He's definitely not someone to mess with.

Pretty good promo from Evolution. This one should really be one to watch.

Oh yeah! Another great match. I think Big E moved up as a competitor here and Barrett showed he shouldn't have been overlooked for so long. Both guys worked really hard.

I think we all need an Adam Rose party after the intensity of Extreme Rules.

JESUS. Talk about your crash and burn style encounters. I appreciate everyone working hard, but this seemed almost destructive to their long-term careers. A wild, crazy brawl that I think did good things for The Shield. They've earned their stripes as main eventers now.

That was easily one of the craziest things I've ever seen from a wrestling match. If you're into really big bumps and chaos, this was your thing. Everyone involved really worked hard and it made for a great spectacle. The ending was definitely a little weird, but I'll give it a pass since the feud's been so good. Glad the Wyatts got the win. Cena was more or less protected in the loss since it took basically four people to beat him.

Paige vs. Tamina was pretty good. It would have been better with more time. They worked hard as far as big moves and bumps go.

Good Wyatt segment after the match. I wonder where they can really go from here.

WOW. What a way to cap off an insane night of big hardcore spots. Bryan and Kane really put their bodies on the line here and earned every bit of the reaction from the crowd. Both men were amazing in their performances.

Good post-match to set up the rematch. I look forward to it, but don't know how they can top this. Last Man Standing match?

All in all, everyone really went above and beyond on this show. I hope their efforts are appreciated.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment