Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Raw Reax - 5/5/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Really good opening contest! There were some pretty good spots in there. I'm glad they didn't put the belt on Henry or Show. I think Sheamus will make a pretty good U.S. Champ.

My body's really ready for another round of Shield vs. Wyatts. I think they'll kill it again. I'm glad newer acts are getting the spotlight.

I like Adam Rose's gimmick and hope it goes over well.

Good Sheamus promo to get over his title win. Hopefully the title will be treated more importantly now.

Good Bryan/Stephanie segment. I can't wait for the next round of the feud with Kane.

I liked the part of Heyman's promo putting over Cesaro. Heyman's great with words. Lesnar and Taker have been gone for a month and I'd much prefer there to be focus on the new client.

Cesaro vs. RVD was a sight of greatness. Even without a clean win for Cesaro, I think it elevated him to have a good showing against Van Dam.

Good post-match to continue Cesaro's push as a heel. I can't wait for the rematch.

That was beautiful! I'm all for this new WWE with focus on guys like Cesaro, Bryan and Bray Wyatt.  I don't think WWE needs to get rid of guys like Cena and Orton, but it's great for the new guys to get a chance to shine. I'm loving what we saw from Wyatt here.

Pretty clever ending to Cody vs. Ryback. Both men put on nice performances here. Ryback has really impressed me lately. Now that he can't rely on a big push, he's rounding out as a performer. Cody's been a great worker for years, so no surprises there.

I liked the post-match. We're getting a nice slow burn to Cody vs. Goldust. It should be pretty great.

The Kane stuff's kind of silly, but I personally like there to be elements to angles beyond "wrestler feuds with another wrestler".

Oh, boy. I've definitely seen worse comedy segments, so this one gets a pass. 3MB are a guilty pleasure of mine, especially Slater.

That wasn't the best Bo Dallas package, but it was pretty good either way. I hope they have some fun stuff planned for him on the main roster because he's been pretty entertaining with this character in NXT.

A good promo to get heat on Lana and Rusev.

A good showing from Rusev there. I think he's getting more comfortable in the ring. He's a really impressive athlete and has potential to catch on. I'd be hoping for a reboot of some kind if I was Kofi. Talented guy, but I think he's gone as far as he can in this character.

I wasn't as crazy about that Bryan/Stephanie segment. It makes sense Stephanie would try to get the title from Bryan, though.

Del Rio vs. Bryan was a thing of beauty. Both men are at the top of their games as wrestlers. I don't expect anything to really change with Del Rio's booking in the near future, but he continues to put on great performances.

Yeah, that segment was kind of cheesy. I like them bringing back the horror movie monster version of Kane, but I can see the parallels to the angle with Ryder so many people hated.

I liked the Barrett promo well enough. The gimmick's not great, but he's getting somewhere with it.

Pretty good match with Big E and Barrett. I wish Barrett looked stronger in the win, but I think there's still room to build him as champion.

Good segment with Mr. T.

Well, that was something! That wasn't one of Zeb's better promos unfortunately. The gimmick is running long in the tooth and I think they're starting to stretch things. Anyway, for a debut for Adam Rose, this was fine. It wouldn't make sense for Swagger to take him out in his first night. They don't want to halt the new character's momentum before it starts. I imagine Swagger will put Rose over, but I don't see that as any kind of sleight to Swagger as much as them wanting Rose to succeed.

That match was pure chaos in a good way. Talk about daredevils. I do think they're doing an insane amount of big spots in a short timeframe and hope that won't affect them too badly, but both sides here really turned it up. It's incredible how good these guys are.

That was a pretty cool ending to turn the tables on The Shield. I don't see much of a way to top Extreme Rules between these two sides, but they must have something up their sleeves.

I'd say that was mostly a really good episode of Raw. I'm glad they're spotlighting newer talents in big roles.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment