Total Pageviews

Monday, May 12, 2014

NXT notes, TNA cameos praised, TNA name finishes up, Interviews with Kofi/Cena/Y2J, Questions on NXT Divas, Punk leaving, Brock vs. Taker, Matt Morgan returning and lolTNA

Drake Younger has reported to NXT and is now working as a referee. It seems pretty odd they'd sign such an experienced wrestler to work as a referee, but maybe they've got something in mind.

So Cal Val and Sakamoto were visiting at a recent NXT live event. I wouldn't assume either are getting signed.

TNA management was said to be very happy with the outside Knockouts who worked the One Night Only events. Could that lead to some new faces being added to the division? I'd assume Taryn and Brooke will get time to re-assimilate before any new names were brought in, but you never know with TNA.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.


Kazarian has worked his last dates for TNA with the recent One Night Only PPV tapings. Neither he nor TNA have officially acknowledged his departure at this juncture, so he's likely still under contract for the time being. But there are no plans to use him for the remaining time of his deal.

Kofi Kingston was interviewed. He's got to be begging for a career reboot at this point. He can only job to so many people, right?

John Cena talked about WWE's audience, wrestlers' health and more. You never really get anything too explosive or controversial from a Cena interview. That's one reason WWE puts him out there so much.

Chris Jericho talked about his wrestling future (or lack thereof). I can't say I'm surprised. I could see him getting back in the ring in the future, but it's definitely not something he feels like he "has" to do. I really like Jericho, but I accept he's got things going on outside of wrestling.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. As mentioned, there are different priorities on NXT vs. the main roster. I don't think "fluff wrestling" will be going away any time soon, but HHH's hires have definitely been more on the side of legitimate wrestlers. Sara Del Rey as trainer has also helped a lot in that regard. So, as HHH's influence grows, I can see there being a shift toward more wrestling from females. That said, there's also an audience who wants to see the "fluff" and what we see from Total Divas. It will be an interesting balancing act.

2. Honestly, he might have still left when his contract expired. That was his last major goal. I suppose an additional goal could have been to be the true face of the company, but I think headlining Mania might have been the bow to wrap his WWE career up.

3. There would be SO many complaints about Lesnar destroying Bryan. Anyway, I'm looking at it more from the standpoint of Taker bowing out and potentially having his last major match than any kind of rub to Lesnar. They also wanted a big moment to drive people to watch the Network, etc. I think it makes sense. I don't know what level Taker could perform at for WM31 and/or WM32, and I think he has enough pride in his performances to not phone it in for a paycheck. So I think it might have worked out for the best.

4. I'd be down for him coming back for GFW. Both top companies missed the boat on him.

5. Yeah, AJ Styles isn't coming back to TNA anytime soon, if at all. As for their creative direction, I've pretty much decided to enjoy it from a train wreck perspective. I'm pretty much at the point where I wouldn't mind if Spike canceled them. There are some pretty talented people left, but I think their glory days are behind them.

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment