Total Pageviews

Friday, May 9, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 5/8/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.
Good start to the show with Bully looking for Dixie. I like TNA having a running narrative throughout their shows.

I actually really liked the Bobby Roode/Eric Young segment. TNA's roster might not be as strong as it used to be, but they're doing a good job of putting over the talents who are still there. The TNA Title is definitely something people there are fighting over.

Ehhh... can't say I'm looking forward to an evening gown match.

I liked the MVP/Eric Young segment well enough I guess. I'm not sure what I want for Young's title match at Slammiversary. I miss King of the Mountain as crazy and convoluted as it was.

Ehhhhh... as far as evening gown matches go, I think they did the best they could. I can't say that's on my list of all-time favorite gimmick match types. I feel like there's some kind of rule where TNA has to have at least one gimmick match every week.

I think TNA's setting up Dixie taking a table bump at Slammiversary. So she'll escape tonight.

I like them setting up EC3 vs. Angle for tonight. Could be quite the match.

TNA loves to have characters with shades of gray. Everyone's out to potentially betray everyone else.

Well, that was pretty anticlimactic. Good showing for Angle, but the whole thing felt like kind of a clustermess.

I guess maybe we'll get the end to EC3 vs. Angle at Slammiversary when Angle will finally be 100%? There are only so many more twists and turns they can do here.

I liked the MVP/Roode segment. They're doing a good job of talking up Roode's accolades tonight.

Kind of a funny segment with Bully Ray in Nashville. It reminds me of Stone Cold being CEO and, more recently, Brock Lesnar trashing HHH's office.

This stuff with Knux will be fun...

I'm intrigued at where they're going with Roode, as well as who will challenge EY at Slammiversary.

Very awesome physical match between The Wolves and the Bro-Mans. I'm normally not a fan of demolition derbies, but I really liked the spots in this one.

Oh, wow. That was something. This isn't the gimmick I was expecting when this all started, but I'm willing to give the wacky characters a chance.

I can only imagine what Bully Ray would be like as a boss. I guess we kind of saw that in the Aces and Eights clubhouse.

That was certainly a one-of-a-kind entrance. I don't even know what to say! They're definitely turning heads with the new gimmick.

That's definitely the most I've cared about a Knux singles match in TNA, but I don't think that says a lot. Maybe this new gimmick will go somewhere.

I cracked up at the office staff in that segment. This Bully takeover angle isn't terrible.

Not a bad segment between Gunner and Anderson to keep their angles going.

That was actually pretty funny with Bully taking Spud's phone.

I couldn't care much less about Willow. I've seen crazy Jeff Hardy about 3,000 times now.

That was a fine ending to get Bram over. His character remains enigmatic. Maybe it's the whole "only having one name" thing.

Damn. Bram really doesn't like Willow, does he? Not that I blame him.

Kurt Angle must be taking the Rey Mysterio method of recovering from knee injuries given how frequently he has issues there.

LOLTNA. I like MVP as a heel and all, but this came out of nowhere. I really don't get their booking a lot of the time. MVP vs. Young could be good, but we just went through a really long stretch of a heel authority figure in TNA.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment