Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 5/23/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.
That was a good use of Hulk Hogan to push the Network and put over WWE's current state of things. He's better in small doses like this when he does his shtick.

Very good work between Batista and Ziggler! Ziggler played the feisty underdog babyface really well here and Batista did a good job working with Ziggler's strengths. This could have easily been a squash in favor of Batista, but Ziggler got a chance to show what he can do.

Good post-match to keep Batista dominant.

BO-night is the night! It's about time after all these video packages.

Ouch. That Divas match was a trainwreck. I think the action was fine, but the overall storyline is bad. The Total Divas feuding has really run its course I think. It's been going on too long for my tastes.

The post-match made sense to keep the feud going.

Bo Dallas might not be really "good" from a technical standpoint, but I really enjoy his dorky gimmick. He's come a good way since his previous main roster run.

Good enough debut match. Sin Cara continues to be really impressive in the ring. Bo Dallas is still kind of rough around the edges in the ring, but I think he's getting better. Right now he just needs to earn his spot on the roster. Title contention and such can come later.

I liked the post-match, too. Bo can be pretty entertaining with this gimmick.

Bray's promo there was AMAZING. He's one of the best talkers to come along in years.

Sheamus vs. Del Rio was a really good match. Both men are capable veterans who bring a lot to the table in the ring. It's a shame Del Rio might be going. Maybe AAA or someone picks him up and we still end up seeing him on TV in the States.

Good post-match to keep Cesaro heel. I'm liking this feud and think they could really tear it up next time they fight.

I wasn't too crazy about the Rose/Vickie segment, but I understand why WWE did it. I feel like the Vickie character has more or less run its course. Maybe they could have her terrorize Paige or something?

I liked The Usos promo to bridge things between the previous segment and the main event. I'm glad Cena was used in a minor role here to put over The Usos. I hope they get far as tag champs.

That was a pretty good main event. The Usos have really stepped up as competitors after being stuck in the mud for so long before this push.

Interesting post-match. Obviously they're saving more of Cena vs. Wyatt for Payback. I can't say I disagree with that philosophy.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment