Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 10, 2014

New TNA signing official, former TNA Champion a free agent, Angle out, new Russo site, Impact audience, Dixie takes shot at JR and Questions on JoMo, Total Divas, Wyatt vs. Cena and debuting Sting in WWE

TNA has signed Bram, Magnus' new associate, to a multi-year deal. I don't think I've ever seen him in a singles match, so there's not a lot for me to say about how I think he'll fare in TNA. They're obviously pretty high on him given how he's been used so far.

Chris Sabin's TNA contract has officially expired. He's been removed from the TNA roster and has started working independent dates. I think I'd give him a look if I was WWE.

Kurt Angle is scheduled to miss four to six months following ACL surgery. That's really unfortunate for both him and TNA. I wish him a speedy recovery at any rate. TNA's going to really be missing something with him on the injured list.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.

Vince Russo has opened a website discussing pro wrestling and more at Pyroandballyhoo.com. One of his first big articles looked at the easiest talents for him to work with/produce. I kind of like Russo better as a mysterious figure we don't hear much from, but that's me.

The latest Impact did 1.06 million viewers. EY's not ready, brother. TNA business as a whole is really flat right now, and I wouldn't be overly thrilled about keeping them if I was Spike.

Dixie Carter took a shot at Jim Ross on Twitter for some reason. She was probably at least partially in-character. She is a heel, you know.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. Yeah, I think he has other focuses outside of wrestling right now and doesn't want to be a full-time wrestler. Hey, more power to him if he can make a living without his body taking such a physical toll.

2. Basically WWE's making money from a fake show that's different from their other fake shows. That's about it.

Nothing to add to 3.

4. I wish they would have done something where Wyatt left the cage after taking Cena out with his finisher so he'd get the win. Oh, wait. That's what happened. And they're playing off Wyatt beating Cena. So things ended pretty well for Wyatt.

5. That depends entirely on whether Taker's going to be able to face him. I'd definitely have him with the black and white face paint, trenchcoat, etc. and I'd certainly like for those two to feud. He should be treated as a big deal if he is going to wrestle Taker at a big PPV.

More wrestling tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your thoughts?

    http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/5/9/5701434/sheamus-heel-turn-already-happened-apparently

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that rumor, but it does feel like more of a start of a heel turn than an actual heel turn.

    Sheamus as a top heel is a good move as far as I'm concerned. Pairing him with Orton and HHH once Batista leaves is a possibility I'm intrigued by. I think he could be a believable challenger to the WWE Title down the line.

    ReplyDelete