Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Smackdown Reax - 5/9/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Smackdown.

That was a really good opening match! Both guys pulled some good stuff out and are both hard, solid workers who deserve props. I think the WWE roster as a whole needs to cut back on suicide dive spots because it seems like they're in every match now, but I liked seeing the Figure Four and Cloverleaf.

Yeah, I think they've gotten everything they can out of Heyman referencing Brock's WrestleMania win. They need to shift the focus more toward Cesaro. Though I like the idea of him mentioning both his clients kind of associating Cesaro with what Brock did.

Meh, I wasn't too crazy about Barrett's promo there. I hope they're not completely throwing Big E under a bus. I'm not his biggest fanboy in the whole universe who thinks he'll be the top champion forever, but I don't want him "buried" either.

That was a pretty good tag match. They did some clever stuff there. I hope Big E, Cesaro and Barrett have solid futures in the company. They each have potential (in differing amounts and for different reasons).

I'm all for Lana aligning Rusev with Putin and Russia. Very evil and dastardly. Hopefully that elevates him to a level beyond "the new guy doing squash matches".

There's something oddly satisfying about watching Rusev smash someone, even Kofi. He's good as far as big monsters who just destroy people go. He doesn't need to look like a future WWE Champion at this point. He just needs to continue to look dominant as he keeps finding his footing on the main roster.

Ahhh.. Wyatt's promos are so refreshing compared to all the Cena promos we've been subjected to all these years. I hope we hear more newer characters talking.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bo Dallas pulls out this time on the main roster. He's gotten better, but I don't know how ready he is for the main roster from an in-ring perspective. His gimmick is hysterical and that could be enough.

The mixed tag match was silly, but I'm OK with there being some levity on these shows. Santino and Emma make a pretty good couple.

So romantic! I wonder how far they can go with Fandayla. A feud with Sum-Miz Rae when they come back is a must.

I liked Henry's promo there! He's still got it.

Glad Roman got a big win there. They're doing a good job of using the veterans to put over the newcomers lately. I hope we get one last big Henry push, but not right now.

I think I've really had my fill of the Hornswoggle/El Torito stuff. How many times can they do stuff with them? The match wasn't bad, though.

That was a pretty good match, I think. They kept the Royal Rumble winner/Mania headliner strong while also showing off Rollins as a very tenacious competitor.

Good post-match to keep the heat on Evolution. I'm guessing The Shield gets another big win before Batista heads off to promote his movie.

I liked the main event pretty well. Then again I'm pretty much always in favor of the Wyatts going over Cena. I wonder where both sides go from here.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment