Total Pageviews

Friday, May 16, 2014

Superstars and NXT Reax - 5/15/14

Read on for my thoughts on yesterday's Superstars and NXT.
Superstars:
Kofi vs. Titus wasn't bad, but it felt a little rough around the edges. I've definitely seen better from Titus. He could really use a new direction and more experience. Maybe a team with Brodus would work? Kofi was good in the ring as always. He remains stuck in the same place he's always stuck in.

I wasn't too crazy about Kofi's post-match comments. It didn't seem like they really advanced anything. I think the "thrill of victory, agony of defeat" stuff only goes so far as far as things being interesting.

I've really had my fill of Hornswoggle vs. El Torito. They had their big gimmick match. I think it's time for something new. Drew vs. Sin Cara could have been quite the match if a lot of focus wasn't put on those two. Both competitors in the ring did pretty good stuff.

NXT:
I still find the ending to the battle royal pretty ridiculous.

Pretty impressive squash by The Ascension. They can tear people up; that's for sure.

So, Kalisto and El Local debut as a team one week and challenge the tag team champions the next week? They're pretty ambitious. I don't think we've gotten enough of a feel for them for that to be as big of a deal as it should be, but maybe WWE knows what they're doing here.

Good segment with Sami Zayn. Simple, but effective.

Charlotte's really improving quickly. I think she still has a way to go, but I like what I've seen from her so far. She clearly wants to succeed. Alexa has had good early showings, but I think it will be a while before we see her really stand out.

Tyler Breeze continues to really grow into his gimmick. I think it could definitely be successful on the main roster. More experience in the ring will be key for me to recommend him being brought up.

I liked Rawley vs. English well enough. I'm not a huge fan of Rawley, but I think he's getting better.

Good promo from Tyson. I think Breeze and Zayn did better, though. Tyson's just not a really interesting character these days. It's a shame given the promise he showed years back.

I liked Big Cass' win OK. Yes, he's another big guy. That's fine. Wrestling needs big guys just like it needs small, quick guys and technical wrestlers. At any rate, I like what I've seen from him here.

I got a kick out of Bo Dallas' segment, but I'm not a fan of JBL's character as GM. We get more than enough of him talking during the week.

That was AMAZING. Sami Zayn is clearly ready for the main roster from an in-ring standpoint. His work here was very good. I don't know how much Breeze really added to this, but the match overall was really good.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment