Total Pageviews

Friday, August 15, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/14/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Impact Wrestling.

Pretty cool opening segment to transition us into what Bully's doing after putting Dixie through a table. I'm actually kind of hyped for another 3D/Hardys feud, since it has been so long and they have great chemistry.

Good stuff on Joe being champion now. TNA could really do something important with the X-Division Title if they so desire.

Good segment with Aries, Roode and Young. I like the idea of them being the faction to face whatever MVP's group is called.

That X-Division match definitely had good action. I want to see Low Ki vs. Homicide pretty bad.

Good backstage segment with EC3, Spud and Rhino. I wonder what they're going to do next. EC3 vs. Rhino works for me if they want to go that route.

I liked that segment with Angle and the heels. There's potential for a big heel moment with someone bailing them out.

Interesting Shaw/Gunner/Anderson stuff.

Good continuation of the former Dixieland people being arrested.

Good enough continuation of the Anderson/Gunner segment.

I liked the Angelina/Velvet stuff.

I'm interested to see the followup with Dixie being interviewed. Should be good.

Not a bad Knockouts match, but it was a little overly complicated with four people involved. That has a tendency to happen in multi-person matches like that.

Good MVP segment. I can see Lashley turning face and TNA doing Lashley vs. MVP at BFG. I think I'd be good with that.

Pretty good six-man tag. I like how this angle's been going.

Interesting tease with Abyss. Could he go back to being Joseph Park?

I wonder how soon we'll see Havok wrestle. I also wonder what the former Johnny Devine thinks of them using that name for her, since he was previously Havok in TNA.

Good Wolves segment. I'm ready for them continuing feud with 3D and the Hardys.

Interesting stuff with Abyss and Bram. I wonder where they both go after that match.

I liked the Storm/Sanada stuff. I'm getting more used to the roving cameraman thing. It's not always terrible.

I really liked the nostalgia trip of Team 3D vs. the Hardys. I don't know how much good it did for TNA to promote such an old rivalry instead of their own guys, but I liked the match.

I liked the post-match. This does almost feel like a farewell tour for some of these guys (and maybe TNA as a whole).

More wrestling coming up.





No comments:

Post a Comment