Total Pageviews

Monday, August 18, 2014

WWE Summerslam Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's WWE PPV.
Kickoff:
Cesaro vs. RVD was really good. They were both fired up to make their mark. I hope good things are on the horizon for Cesaro.

Summerslam:
That was a good opening promo to get the audience hyped.

Good Miz promo. Interesting for his character to take shots at Batista and Rock!

I definitely didn't expect Ziggler to win that one. Miz got some new life in his character when he came back, and this hurts his momentum. Ziggler's very talented and it's great for him to hold gold again, but it feels like a change of plans since Miz didn't hold the title very long. The action was good, for what that's worth.

I liked the Brie promo well enough. I'm definitely ready to wrap this one up.

Wait, what!? I really hope they're not doing title changes just to throw curve balls. Title changes are less special when they happen without a lot of build.

Good post-match. I hope this isn't some kind of punishment for AJ or something. I'm behind Paige as champion, but I don't know if this was the right way to go.

That was a really cool pre-match for Swagger/Rusev. They've done an awesome job with this feud.

Beautiful match between Swagger and Rusev from a story perspective of two performers giving it their all. The ending was a clever way to have Rusev win while protecting Swagger.

I really enjoyed the post-match, too. Rusev's status as a heel is really growing. I think he'll end up being U.S. or IC Champion before long, and could ride this all the way to a big match with someone like Cena or Bryan.

I REALLY enjoyed Rollins vs. Ambrose. That was a cool way "around" the lumberjack gimmick. I hope we get another match at NoC for the briefcase.

WOW. Good stuff with Wyatt vs. Jericho. That was definitely a solid win for Wyatt with a decorated veteran.

Nice post-match promo. This show's been really good so far.

That was a good, brutal match between Stephanie and Brie. I don't think the heel turn was needed, but I guess Brie vs. Nikki keeps them both busy and continues (in a way) Bryan vs. The Authority as Bryan recovers. I don't care to see the match that much, but the story makes sense.

Good match between Reigns and Orton. Reigns still needs work to be a true top guy, but that doesn't mean they should stop his push. I'm glad they used the veteran to get the newcomer further over. Orton's quite the worker.

WWE has built an absolute monster of a heel in BROCK LESNAR. That was the biggest beatdown I can ever remember Cena getting. It's exactly what Cena's character needed. Lesnar is now set as the final boss of WWE, way above others. Whoever beats him will have truly passed a test.

Really good show, top to bottom. 

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment