Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Race injured, matches set for next TNA taping, Interviews with Roberts/Heyman, WWE to drop magazine?, Sandow charity appearance, NXT releases, Impact audience, Summerslam panels note and Questions on HBK returning, Luger on Nitro, Network content, Chris Hero and great opening Mania bouts

Harley Race was injured as he slipped and fell on his hip recently. It's feared to be broken. He missed a big fan convention as a result. I hope he recovers well.

The Wolves vs. Team 3D vs. The Hardys has been set for the August 6 TNA taping in NYC. That's a pretty big tag match. I hope they settle it all in Full Metal Mayhem. It'd be fitting given the latter teams' history.

Update: Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki is set for the August 5 taping. I can't wait to see that one! That will be a treat for sure.

Jake Roberts was interviewed about talking to Warrior at Mania and more. I'm glad they worked things out. That's beautiful. It'd be nice if Roberts and the makers of "Beyond The Mat" worked things out.

Everything else from yesterday is after the break.
The WWE magazine will either be outsourced or completely eliminated after WWE's backstage cuts. That's a shame. They usually had some pretty good content.

Damien Sandow is taking part in a charity for employees of a tavern that recently burned down. That's great of him.

C.M. Punk decorated a seat for the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field. That's pretty cool.

WWE has released the following five talents from NXT:
- Dani Jax, whom I don't think I've ever heard of.
- Mac Miles, whose name also doesn't ring a bell at all.
- Garett Dylan, the son of Kris Kristofferson. He was in his second run in NXT. I thought he had some potential in the few times I saw him, but I didn't see him as a top guy down there.
- Slate Randall, the former Shaun Ricker from Championship Wrestling from Hollywood. He had some good hype coming in, and any promo I've heard from him has been impressive. It's a shame we didn't get to see the former client of Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer).
- Travis Tyler. He wasn't someone who stood out in the time I saw him.

I hope all five have great careers and lives ahead of them.

Paul Heyman gave an interview ahead of what should be an AMAZING DVD release. Heyman's a character, for sure. I always enjoy his interviews. He commands attention in a way few others do.

Update: Here's another Heyman interview. I wish Cena had the mindset of promos Heyman has (though, to be fair, Cena does have good promos at times when he's serious). I love the story about Heyman chewing out the crowd. I wouldn't mind if that became a more regular thing for lackluster crowds. Very interesting thoughts about the ECW stuff in TNA. I think he has some good points. Of note, TNA's not done on Spike yet. Officially, they're still negotiating.

X-Pac and Kevin Nash will apparently not be part of Summerslam's panels. That's a shame. They'd be great for them.

Impact's audience Thursday night was 1.38 million. I wonder how many people didn't watch because of the (seemingly premature) cancellation talk. That's still a pretty good number for them given the numbers they had pre-Slammiversary.

For my take on yesterday's PWInsider.com questions:
1. I'd put the odds of him returning to the ring at pretty low. It's been four years, and he's going on 50. Don't count on a comeback.

2. It's because of the Monday Night War days WWE is so careful with contracts now. I also don't see anything like that happening any time in the near future. Those days have been gone for good while now.

3. I think a lot of people (inside and outside WWE) underestimated the amount of work involved in getting all that content ready. It's an ongoing process.

4. I believe Hero said something about WWE feeling they already have a lot of wrestlers with his style or something like that. There's a pretty popular rumor that's gained weight on the Internet about why they cut him from the roster, but it hasn't been confirmed. Hero's definitely a really solid talent with a lot of experience. Hopefully another promotion brings him to the national stage.

5. It's tough to argue with either of those choices!

More wrestling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment