Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Raw Reax - 8/4/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

That was a pretty good opening segment to set out a lot of stuff at one point. HHH loves to take digs at RVD, doesn't he? Reigns vs. Kane is a pretty big match for the show. I think Reigns could end up being a big deal if they use him right.

Reigns vs. Kane was pretty good for what it was: a big brawl to build Roman Reigns. Reigns going over Orton in his feud will keep his momentum going.

That was an amazing video segment for Cena/Brock. I definitely got Attitude Era vibes from Lesnar's side of things. Overall, big stuff and they did the "worked shoot" stuff signature of the Reality Era.

Sandow got heat with that segment, which was his goal.

That match showed Mark Henry is back and in business. It was better for him to destroy Sandow than someone who has credibility as a contender right now.

WHAT THE $&%* WAS THAT SEGMENT!? It felt totally out of place, even in a sports-entertainment show. I swear sometimes people write stuff just to see what will air.

Ambrose vs. Del Rio was quite good! Both wrestlers are great at the in-ring aspect of things. I wish they were pushed in place of the wrestlers we've already seen for years and years.

Rusev's dominance continues. I like the act being built up so strong.

This angle is doing a great job of building Rusev as a heel and Swagger as a face. It's really caught fire. I hope they have plans to push Swagger after this.

Good match between Ziggler and Cesaro. I wish Cesaro was being built better. I'm increasingly ready for the Cesaros of the world to be used in place of Kane, HHH, Orton, etc. I like those names, but I've seen them each main event for at least a decade.

Clever post-match. Ziggler vs. Miz should be pretty good. I can't believe people wanted to drop the IC Title.

Nice Paige promo. This is the Paige people wanted as far as aggression and fire goes.

Good tag match, but at this point it pretty much only makes sense if Stardust and Goldust are going for the tag team titles. The Usos need new opponents.

OH SH*T. I get this inkling Kane's not going to be wrestling all that much longer and this segment added to that feeling.

Jericho vs. Harper was pretty good (as expected). Jericho/Wyatt II should be pretty good.

I liked the post-match. I hope Wyatt keeps momentum by beating Jericho.

Yeah, that was definitely more from the "sports entertainment"/variety show vault. I wonder how much of the show would be like this if the audience didn't want some serious wrestling and feuds.

Can Fandango team with Damien Sandow next? If they're going to keep them both as heels who are just used for more lighthearted stuff, I think it could be an entertaining duo. This doesn't mean I don't think Sandow couldn't be used well as a serious wrestler. I just think with how he's been used lately, it could be a pretty interesting combination.

Good Orton promo. The Kane situation continues to be interesting. I don't know how many more times they can really reboot the character at this point. I think a face turn vs. Orton later makes sense, but a strong argument can be made that we need new top-tier wrestlers.

Well, at least Bo's back to his winning ways. I can see them wanting to move him up the ranks, and a more serious side to his heel persona would help in that matter (i.e. actually cheating to win).

Bo keeps moving up the ranks and getting more momentum. That's good. Truth's role on the card is that of a veteran who elevates newer stars. It's a very valuable role and isn't any kind of sign Management has it out for him or he's being buried or anything.

Bray's promos are some of the most compelling I've ever heard. They really add to his persona.

Hilarious "swerve" by The Authority to give Rollins an easier opponent. I hope they don't have Slater win, even if it's by DQ or something. It could hurt Rollins' momentum.

That was actually kind of funny. I don't know if it was worth having Rollins lose to HEATH SLATER of all people given their respective places on the card, but it will definitely add fuel to the match at Summerslam. I hope this was a nod by Management to Slater for how well he does his job.

Clever to use Ambrose's announcement to make Smackdown more of a big deal.

It was smart to remove HHH from the contract signing for the reason they used.

Great segment to get heat for Brie vs. Stephanie. They really tore into each other. I don't expect a "five-star match", but it should be pretty fun to see.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment