Total Pageviews

Friday, August 22, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 8/21/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
Fine enough opening tag match. I'll need to see more long matches from the two teams before I can judge them to much of a degree.

I'm glad NXT's getting more meat to its tag team division. The Ascension can't be champs forever.

I'm excited for the next NXT special. The last two have been pretty great.

I liked the Breeze promo. Working with Kidd will hopefully get him to a new level in the ring.

I wasn't too crazy about Tyson vs. Breeze, but that was mainly because of its length. It worked for the character; I just think Breeze could use the in-ring experience.

Funny post-match.

The NXT Title picture should be interesting after Takeover. There's always potential for a main roster callup shaking things up.

Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch was quite good. Charlotte has natural athleticism and Becky has experience. Put that together and you've got the skills needed for an awesome match.

Interesting stipulation for Enzo's match. I hope they know what they're doing if they change his hairstyle.

Rawley's not bad, but he definitely reminds me of Bo Dallas pre-heel turn. He's got energy, and that's good, but it feels like he's missing what it really takes for him to succeed.

Good tag match. Kalisto and Zayn definitely have futures on the main roster if WWE follows through with them.

Superstars:
Ouch. Just ouch. Superstars is clearly filler for WWE at this point.

I was impressed by Emma vs. Alicia Fox. I'm very glad Emma wasn't fired for long.

WWE continues the odd couple angle with Slater Gator. At least they're doing something.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment