Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Raw Reax - 8/11/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Raw.

Amazing opening promo from Heyman. I can't wait for the match at Summerslam.

Interesting direction for Kane. I'm thinking they might want him unmasked to promote See No Evil 2. This also seems to indicate he won't be wrestling a lot in the near future.

I was kind of hoping Reigns would beat both men as they keep pushing him, but a DQ win is fine I guess.

Good post-match to establish Reigns' dominance. They could give him quite the push.

I liked Roman's promo. Him beating Orton could be a big win and a nice passing of the torch.

I can see Orton turning face against Kane and HHH. I don't know if that's the right move, but it could be worth trying. I definitely think there will be criticism for using those three in another major feud after they've had so many main events.

Rollins keeps his momentum with a win there. Good match.

Funny stuff with Ambrose and Rollins. The "Human Cage Match" should be good.

That was a pretty goofy angle with Brie and Stephanie, but I liked it for what it was worth. At least a Divas' angle is getting a big push.

Great match between Cesaro and Swagger. It's crazy to think Cesaro was the one getting pushed when the split originally happened. Both men are great athletes and can contribute to the product in meaningful ways.

I loved that post-match. Rusev vs. Swagger has been quite the good feud.

Really good Wyatt/Jericho exchange. Wyatt was bizarre and Jericho was intense. Jericho could have kept interrupting Wyatt or made cracks about what he was wearing or acted like the result was a foregone conclusion, but he didn't. That's what made the segment so good. It was also good for Jericho to wear a suit. I can't help but think Cena would have been sitting there in his merchandise, which would have taken away a lot of the emotional gravity of the angle.

Ehhhhhh... the match was good to continue the AJ/Paige angle, but I don't think "Eva Marie beats AJ" is a result I ever want to see.

Good post-match to avenge the loss. The further we get from Eva Marie beating AJ, the better.

I'd totally be down for The Ascension answering The Usos' challenge on Main Event, but the timing's off and that'd be throwing their debut away in some ways.

There have definitely been much worse Cena promos. That one wasn't amazing, but I'm glad he was serious in selling a big match.

I liked the continuation of the Stephanie/Brie angle. That said, I'm ready for the payoff at Summerslam.

That match was good for keeping the Miz/Ziggler feud going. I think the bigger story is Slater getting wins over Rollins and Ziggler. He is a one man band, after all.

Clever post-match to keep Ziggler a clear face.

Orton vs. Sheamus was pretty damn good. They work together really well.

The bit about the Network was pretty cheesy, but all in all that was a pretty good segment. It was really cool to see some of those names involved. Brock vs. Cena should be off the charts.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment