Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2014

TNA Destination X Part 1 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Destination X themed edition of Impact Wrestling.

Awesome opening video. This could be a great show.

I love the use of the "WWECW" wrestlers in this angle to feud with the real deal. Naturally it's just a setup for them to get wrecked by the babyfaces, but that's a good role for them.

That first match was INSANE! I definitely think both sides held their own. That was a big win for the champs.

Pretty cool post-match. I'm glad they didn't do a random heel turn.

I'm hyped for the return of Low Ki. The X-Division has been lacking without him.

Pretty awesome X-Division match, but it could just be me hyped to see Low Ki back.

I like the Storm/Sanada pairing as far as giving Sanada the chance to learn from a solid veteran.

Another pretty good X-Division match. Can they sign Brian Cage, too? That was pretty impressive.

Very effective promo to set up the big match next week. We'll finally get the end to this angle then. I expect all-out chaos.

Good Angle/Joe segment.

Next week's eight-man hardcore war will be BIG. It'll be interesting to see what TNA has on tap for after this angle.

I sort of look forward to the Beautiful People announcement, but it could be something dumb. I know not to get my hopes up.

That was a pretty cool little promo. It's believed to be for SHINE/WSU talent Jessicka Havok (profile here). TNA's bringing in new talents, so I hope they get their chances to show what they can do.

That was a good promo by Joe. Everyone is pretty fired up at these tapings. That's good to see.

Enjoyable match. I'm very glad to see Homicide again.

Abyss vs. Bram should be pretty intense. They're going all out with the X-Division and hardcore stuff these two weeks. That's what separates them from WWE in some ways and it might be what they should push to be an alternative.

I'm glad Aries got a video package. This should be an interesting clash of styles.

That was a really good main event. Both guys really had their working boots on and Lashley has stepped up his game since his WWE days. If TNA keeps going in this direction, I hope they're still televised.

Next week is going to be HUGE. I'm a little surprised they more or less spoiled things, but they're fighting to stay on the air right now.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment