Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Impact Wrestling Reax - 8/27/14

Read on for my thoughts on Wednesday's edition of Impact Wrestling.

That was a pretty kickass opening segment. Dreamer knows how to sell a match with someone without making his opponent look like they're beneath him.

Lashley continues to be an unstoppable beast. I like seeing it. It's a nice change of pace from heels who have to cheat to win.

Bleh. Madison Rayne's not really a favorite of mine. I'm not really sure why she's so heavily regarded.

Interesting Gunner/Shaw segment. I'm pretty much ready for this angle to go wherever it's going.

Bleh again. I think Madison and Taryn tried to do too much in too quick of a time frame. Honestly, I haven't been too impressed with Taryn as a wrestler in her whole TNA run. She puts her body on the line and does awesome bumps, but that's pretty much it.

Roode vs. EY's not as big of a deal as it should be given their history. I don't really want to see either turn heel right now.

Now Gunner and Shaw are going to feud? Eh. What's the over/under on a duo getting along in TNA anyway?

A triple threat for the title's fine by me. In fact, that's what I'd rather see.

Rhino as a roadblock for EC3 works for me. I don't anticipate Rhino having a long-term role in TNA, but I could be wrong.

That was a pretty good babyface vs. babyface promo from Roode and EY. Next week could be quite the match.

Pretty funny Bro-Mans segment. I might miss them (and Spud) most of all if TNA goes down. That's not a knock on all the great wrestlers in TNA; they just bring something different to the table once the "wrestling" part gets old.

EC3 the Hardcore American Icon strikes again. He could get a pretty good rub by destroying Rhino.

I like the idea of building to a big hardcore brawl between EC3 and Rhino to finish Rhino's run. I assume he's just here on a short-term deal.

I liked the "debut" of The Great Sanada. He's much more interesting in this role and I hope they keep it. It's pretty telling he went over the former TNA World Champion.

Man, they really put Melendez over there. That's quite the lineup of TNA stars to be in a segment with.

That match was definitely total nonstop action. A lot of big spots done there. The match was good from the perspective of everyone getting their big moves in, so good work from that angle.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment