Total Pageviews

Friday, August 8, 2014

TNA Destination X Part 2 Reax

Read on for my thoughts on last night's Destination X-themed edition of Impact Wrestling.
I think I'm ready for the ECW nostalgia to end tonight. It's had its run here.

WOW. Bram and Abyss really went hardcore there. It was fun to see that kind of match, as ridiculously dangerous as it was.

I'm ready for that X-Division Title match. It should be quite the contest given who's in it.

Pretty good promo to set up tonight's main event. They've been building it for quite a while.

I really enjoyed the segment with MVP's faction. Roode and Aries are championship material. I wouldn't mind either of them walking out of Bound For Glory as champion. I have a feeling it will be Bully Ray or Eric Young beating Lashley, though.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Shaw in the six-man tag. Him turning heel is way too predictable.

Pretty funny rib on the fourth partner. They've done a good job playing up the ECW nostalgia at these tapings.

Clever intro promo from Anderson. Sometimes it's the small things that are most effective.

Not too bad of a six-man tag. I wonder if we're in for Anderson as a heel vs. Shaw as a face. It'd be an interesting story.

I don't expect Rampage Jackson to come counter King Mo after that recent interview. Mo still hasn't had a match for TNA.

Ehhh. Not a bad Anderson/Shaw segment. It's not an angle I'm crazy about.

That was a pretty good tribute to ECW. TNA might as well be House of Hardcore in some ways at these tapings.

OK, let's get this over with. It's gone on for months now.

Are we in for Angelina vs. Velvet now? I'm OK with that, I guess. The Beautiful People nostalgia run has gone on long enough for me personally.

Cool stuff with Storm and Sanada. Storm makes for a great heel.

I hope Havoc is a solid addition to the Knockouts division.

I'm ready for the 937th Hardys/Team 3D match. It's been a while, so it's somewhat fresh.

It's a little hard to pretend King Mo will stop Bully when they've already spoiled the end of the show.

Good X-Division Title match. Joe vs. Low Ki will be pretty awesome.

And there's the end of the angle. Bully totally overshot the mark. It was all done well other than that. I hope TNA has something new and fresh set for the weeks to come after they went this far with the ECW stuff. I don't think we'll be seeing Dixie, Dreamer, Snow, Ryklon or Snitsky after this. That's a good start.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment