Total Pageviews

Friday, August 8, 2014

NXT and Superstars Reax - 8/7/14

Read on for my thoughts on last night's NXT and Superstars.

NXT:
I missed Enzo's promos so much. I think he's the next Santino.

Good tag match. Dillinger has a solid background and it showed here. Enzo and Big Cass make a good tag team act.

I liked the post-match segment to get over the next stage of the tournament. I think the next live special will be a fine time to do a title switch.

Kind of weird way to use Adam Rose, but I'm always down for more Sami Zayn vs. Kidd and Gabriel.

Not a bad CJ Parker segment. Tonight will be an important test for his in-ring skills.

That wasn't a bad match at all. I liked Woods' performance more than Parker's, but it was good for Parker to get a longer TV match under his belt.

Good Breeze segment. I continue to be impressed with him. I hope he's a big success.

OK enough Divas' match. It feels backward that Eva Marie's on the main roster while Bayley's still in NXT, but that's more of a knock on the former and on the hiring philosophy that got her to the main roster in the first place.

Sami Zayn is ready for the main roster. They just need a role for him. Beating Miz for the IC Title in a few months is one route, as is ending Rusev's undefeated streak (which is a pretty high order). Either way, I think he should be on the roster for Mania season unless they have a REALLY good reason to hold off on him. A Royal Rumble debut could work. I don't see any reason to wait past then.

Superstars:
I'm glad Emma's still around. It's a shame she won't be pushed now, but this was a fine "warmup" match for the crowd on a long taping. I'm not really feeling a big push for Cameron right now, but she's improved in the ring.

I'm getting NXT: Redemption vibes from the Titus/Slater pairing for some reason. They're getting screen time to do their thing away from the main shows. I don't like the pairing as much as PTP at this stage, but it's still in its early stages. Of course Slater's going to bring a different dynamic to things than Darren did to the role.

I liked Sheamus vs. Titus. They go together pretty well. I don't anticipate Titus being the new U.S. Champion or anything, though.

Entertainingly bizarre Ambrose promo. He's a star in the making for sure.

More wrestling coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment